Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really felt good to get some riding in this weekend up in the fort kent area 275 miles. now the reason for post. we all came to a stop, was 8 to 10 feet behind behind the sled in front of me, there was six of us riding, i usually am the leader but not at this time. first sled turns around, so the guy in front of me puts it in reverse (can you see whats coming) smash, didnt even turn his head to look. i thought that was instinct, guess not. needless to say i now have the front of my brand new sled held together with duct tape. smashed pieces include front bumper, hood hinge, 100 bucks in parts. no big deal. said he felt bad but did not apologize until i brought it up.was it my fault for giving him room to get a running start. not, but next time i park behind someone with reverse i will be on their bumper so it wont hurt so much. or maybe i need a horn. so the point the the story is, if you got reverse please look behind you. i have always had reverse myself except this sled, which would have saved me some pain of looking at my sled with less than one hundred miles on it in pieces.not that it matters but he rides doo and bashes and now crashes cats. says he will replace broken pieces but that remains to be seen.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
No excuses... People have to look where they're driving, forward or reverse. It's their responsibility to do so. It's also their responsibility to fix what they've broken... Especially other people's property (your sled).

No excuses. People must be held accountable for their own actions. :devil_angry:

No way is it your fault no matter where you were parked behind.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Maybe they should put reverse warning systems on sled like they did on cars so people don't have to look now :p

Still sucks that it happened, I see alot of stupid stuff while driving my bus, and I can't believe what some people do.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 15 2007, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe they should put reverse warning systems on sled like they did on cars so people don't have to look now :p[/b]
The two reverse equipped sleds that I have both have the anoying "beeper" when the reverse is engaged. I guess it's for a good reason. I dunno

BTW... that guy should pay for EVERYTHING he wrecked. If not, at least allow you to smash the same pices on his sled. (if it were me, I'd choose the smash over the cash) :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not the fault of the reverse.

Kind of like the gun control fanatics....they always want to blame the guns for the problem rather than the person shooting.

I feel for you though. A buddy of mine wrecked my sled a couple years ago by being stupid. I wanted to belt him but what the hell can you do....**** happens I guess and I know I haven't been perfect.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cc-rider @ Jan 15 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Kind of like the gun control fanatics....they always want to blame the guns for the problem rather than the person shooting.

I feel for you though. A buddy of mine wrecked my sled a couple years ago by being stupid. I wanted to belt him but what the hell can you do....**** happens I guess and I know I haven't been perfect.[/b]
Yes of course it's not the fault of reverse. It's the fault of the operator, who is responsible for his driving.

Cars/trucks have reverse, people have accidents while backing up, and no one blames the car for having reverse. Same thing here, driver is responsible for his actions not the equipment.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sounds like you ride with at least one a-hole....and I don't see how a reverse alarm is going to make the idiot driver turn his head and look where he's going...

·
Registered
609 Posts
The thing is the guy didn't apologuize! He is at fault and he should pay for ALL the damage. If he dosen't put his name on the sled sites and no one will want to ride with him. People make mistakes...It is how they handle them that makes it ok. Take your lumps and move on. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Jan 15 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cc-rider @ Jan 15 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel for you though. A buddy of mine wrecked my sled a couple years ago by being stupid. I wanted to belt him but what the hell can you do....**** happens I guess and I know I haven't been perfect.[/b]
Yes of course it's not the fault of reverse. It's the fault of the operator, who is responsible for his driving.

Cars/trucks have reverse, people have accidents while backing up, and no one blames the car for having reverse. Same thing here, driver is responsible for his actions not the equipment.
[/b][/quote]
Ya think??? bang your head

·
Registered
153 Posts
A few seasons ago I was behind one of my buddies at road crossing. I looked at him and then down the road so I could cross after him. He didn't pull out I hit the throttle and smashed his tail light. We pull over, I say I'm sorry I'll pay for the lens. Put new bulb in rode the rest of the trip and when he got the new part I paid him. Now I look to make sure the one in front of me has gone before pulling out.
I had the same thing happen to me getting hit from the rear broken lens. Said he was sorry paid for the lens.
When wrong say so and pay up.
engarde

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PACATMAN @ Jan 15 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A few seasons ago I was behind one of my buddies at road crossing. I looked at him and then down the road so I could cross after him. He didn't pull out I hit the throttle and smashed his tail light. We pull over, I say I'm sorry I'll pay for the lens. Put new bulb in rode the rest of the trip and when he got the new part I paid him. Now I look to make sure the one in front of me has gone before pulling out.
I had the same thing happen to me getting hit from the rear broken lens. Said he was sorry paid for the lens.
When wrong say so and pay up.
engarde[/b]
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i must say that my friend must've been sorry for what happened to my sled. he drove 50 miles one way on ice covered roads yesterday to get my parts to make my sled look like new again. dont know if i would have done the same. dont like ice unless i am on a sled.probably would have waited for the roads to get better.i think a lesson was learned. for the both of us

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tek @ Jan 16 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad it worked out for you.[/b]

Same here... :beer_cheers:

More importantly... How was the riding? Still minimal conditions?

I'm not planning on traveling until it is worth the trip, then I'll stay for a few weeks. I just had new studs and shaper carbides installed.

Drop a PM if you want.

Thanks for the PM. :thumbsup:

I'm heading North next week. :super_happy: I should be able to start adding the miles on the sled real soon. :beer_cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts