Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm normally very easy going but my dealer is getting to me!! I bought an 06 AC 500 auto. Had problems they took care of it, But it took 3 weeks to get oil seals in to fix it. Then I had to take it back because they didn't put a new gasket on the clutch housing and it leaked oil. Been 2 weeks and still no gasket. IS THIS LONG OF A WAIT ON PARTS FROM AN AC DEALER NORMAL?I dunno

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I'm normally very easy going but my dealer is getting to me!! I bought an 06 AC 500 auto. Had problems they took care of it, But it took 3 weeks to get oil seals in to fix it. Then I had to take it back because they didn't put a new gasket on the clutch housing and it leaked oil. Been 2 weeks and still no gasket. IS THIS LONG OF A WAIT ON PARTS FROM AN AC DEALER NORMAL?I dunno
Could be, that's why many use online AC part retailers like Country cat, Babbits or many others. Find one that has the parts needed in stock and they can get it shipped out right away

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
one week for me... its all about YOUR dealer and if they get on the ball or not

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
gotta say my dealer is pretty quick when ordering stuff. 3-5 days usually.

·
Registered
204 Posts
three days max, as little as next day if I order over the phone before noon.

This is in Quebec, Canada though. I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
i have yet to wait for my dealer on parts... he has everything on hand it seems. parts from 1990-2011 i think. snowmobile and atv. he even has the hard to find parts that are outdated.... he even has a 20 yr old snowflap sitting there forsale brand new never used

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one week for me... its all about YOUR dealer and if they get on the ball or not

I was standing there when they ordered the parts. So I an not mad at them but, wow, 3 weeks for seals. And now 2 weeks and counting for gaskets?

·
Registered
640 Posts
If it makes you feel any better.... I ordered the Cat Green mud pro snorkel cover on roughly 1-4-11 and they have not shipped out the front half yet. I have every other tube and peice to put the mud pro snorkel set up on my 650 but am still waiting now on month 2 for the last peice.

·
Registered
394 Posts
usually 3 days max for me unless something is back ordered, than i have waited for up to 3 months.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I've never had to wait long at all. They have a fair inventory, but when they do have to order something it's usually quick. As long as I let them know by Tuesday the parts will be in by the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Usually about 5-7 days.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
how do you get your parts on without getting them dirty? HAHAHA

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
My dealer was good at getting parts, but he was dropped as a dealer so now I have none in my area.

I use Country Cat now for parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts