Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
That looks like a simple remove and replace to me as long as the shocks are the same size and the arms are the same,why are you replacing are the originals tweaked or are you after better hanlding or cause they are green?Did you compare originals for size?

·
Registered
391 Posts
i was reading in the service manual how to install them, it is pretty straight forward, just a simple unbolt and re bolt on. like i said befor the nuts/bolts are baried under the engine mounting plate so you will have to lift it up to get at them. that is if they are ment for your sled. what are the differances of thease to the stock ones? mine are tubular and stronger but i havnot taken mesurments to see if they are taller or wider.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 90 EXT special and 91 EXT-WILDCAT had 39 inch ski stance,the special had fox shocks. The only thing is as long as the bolts are not rusted-seized in the A-frames should be a simple swap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nervous

After hearing I might have to move the engine or the engine mounting plate I'm out I'm bringing it to a local shop my buddy works at charging me $40/hr and I'm going to this all the bolts with WD40 for him before he comes to get it later this week this should help him.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts