Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my M8 I also ordered a 2.5gallon gas can its a polaris gas can. Also ordered the Rack Straps from AC but I just don't know how to put it on I've tried but it still seems like it will fall off. Pictures and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

P.S. LOVE MY M8 NO MELTING GOING ON AT ALL!! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im pretty sure that the polaris can comes with straps. Atleast mine did. But the best thing for straps to do is buy some cheap cam buckles and cut them so theyare short.

This has the cam buckels if you can see it
[attachment=60711:DSCF0502.jpg]

This is the polaris straps
[attachment=60710:DSCF0564.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
I use two rubber snap straps.
I put them on in an "X" pattern crossing inside the handle.
Be sure to squeeze the hooks in well with large pliers or something first so the hooks do not dig into the plastic and eventually puncture a hole in your gas can...I learned that one the hard way. DOH bang your head

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use 2 reese fat strap bungee cords I think they are about 9" long. These are made for corners, I use 1 on each side. They have plastic hooks that are suppose to be 3 times stronger than the metal ones. I also use 2 reese adjustable bungeees to form an x pattern on top of the gas can. This is probably a little overkill but my can does not even move. Evern after catching some air with my sled. I use the overkill method because I already went thru a can that bounced off and could not find it again. From my experience the metal hook bungees don't work so good. The hook tends to open if you have them stretched to far.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I found that the little black straps that Arctic Cat used for years to hold the track in place while in the crate for shipping works the best. I don't think they use them any more but my dealer had boxes of them and gave me a big hand full last week. I use them on my quad as well. I have strapped Deer to my racks with them and they never come loose. Ask your dealer if he has any left.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried using bungee and rubber 'stretchy' straps but always found when the trail gets rough enough the gas can goes bye-bye. Recommend using nylon straps with adjusters and snap buckles. Arctic Cat sells a 2" wide one that works great but it's $15 Canadian.

Page 122
B. RACK STRAP
• Easy-to-use tie-down keeps gas cans or other gear secure in the rack.
3639-579 ’04-’06 KC; ’05-’07 M; ’06-’07 CF MODELS $14.95

·
Registered
270 Posts
Never had good luck with bungies, they always bounce off somehow. I like nylon straps and cam buckles.

John

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts