·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do u put a pic in your sig?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You have to resize a pic to meet this sites stips.. Try tinypic.com and use the sig link it gives you. Or resize it thru ifranview, its a free download.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but the pic already is small enough, I just dont know how to insert the pic. i do in a post b/c it has the browse comp for pics thing but the sig doesnt

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
First you will need to upload your picture to either your user gallery here at Arctic Chat or a hosting site like Photobucket. Make note of (or highlight and copy the address) the full URL of your picture. Once you have done that, bring up the signature editing screen and click the 'Insert Image' button (sixth from the left in the second row of the tool bar). This will open a dialog box which will prompt you to enter the full URL to your picture. Enter the URL, click 'OK' and save your signature. There are no size limits other than those imposed by the hosting site but please be kind and avoid use of a very large image file. Some users are still on dial-up and/or are stuck with metered service. Unless they set up their account to block user signatures, they must wait and wait and wait for large signatures to load. This is especially problematic when users with very large signatures post multiple times in a single thread. Been there and waited for that on cellular. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok gotcha

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive tried for 20 minutes and i cant seem to do it, i have the image in an album, i copy the url in the little box and it says it doesnt allow dynamic urls or something like that

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
If you copy the URL to the your web browser's address bar and hit 'Enter' will the image display?

Edit to add:

When looking at the image in the gallery, you will see on the right hand side of the screen, a box labeled 'Hot Linking and BBCode'. Copy the address in the 'Image Link' field to the 'Insert Image' dialog box. The error you are getting is probably caused by using the address in the 'Page Link' field. The forum software won't allow Flash or Java script to insert an image. This would explain the dynamic URL error.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now it was saying somethin about dynamic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts