Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

How do you prevent ski lift.
My buddy just purchased a 94 T Cat and this thing lifts the skis like crazy. It’s cool but 3-4 feet off the ground at take off is a little on the dangerous side. The slightest blip of the throttle on a trail and you risk losing control due to no ski contact. Do we just tighten the limiter straps until we get the desired results or is there more to this?

Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
Are the rear springs shot? Does the rear end sag? Are the rear springs adjusted correctly (adjustment triangle blocks set to the correct setting)? Just a few quick questions to help figure this out.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Try tightening the limiter straps about an inch, then fine tune wthe front coil springs by turning them counter clockwise (untightening) them and then see from there....worse case as previously mentioned you'll then have to play with the rear suspension blocks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno-mo-nut @ Feb 6 2007, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey all.

How do you prevent ski lift.
My buddy just purchased a 94 T Cat and this thing lifts the skis like crazy. It’s cool but 3-4 feet off the ground at take off is a little on the dangerous side. The slightest blip of the throttle on a trail and you risk losing control due to no ski contact. Do we just tighten the limiter straps until we get the desired results or is there more to this?

Thanks[/b]
You may also need to develop some technique for riding the sled through the corners. After insatlling a long travel skid in my 94 the thing wheelies real well, but I don't have a problem with the front end coming up in the corners. It may take some different body english and weight transfer, but look at the front arm limiter straps to help get you some more ski pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts