Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need some guidance how in the world do I get the front fendeplastic off my 2005 arctic cat 650 v2? its all on piece and I'm really hoping the answer is not to take off the handle bars. I wanna get the carb off but I think I have to take off the plastic to do so.

·
Registered
340 Posts
in order to get the front plastics off completely, yes you have to remove the handlebars. Remove the pod cover and the pod then remove the 4 bolts securing the bars to the stem, do not have to remove anything from the bars just turn them sideways and wrestle the plastics around the bars.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
If it is the new style plastics, Remove the rack, the black pieces for the "glove" box, disconnect headlights, than you can rotate the plastics 90 degrees and slowly remove without taking the handle bars off. I have done it many times and have gotten good at it, but a second person would help, even if it is the wife :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
If it is the new style plastics, Remove the rack, the black pieces for the "glove" box, disconnect headlights, than you can rotate the plastics 90 degrees and slowly remove without taking the handle bars off. I have done it many times and have gotten good at it, but a second person would help, even if it is the wife :)
The 05 650v2 does have the new style plastics.

·
Registered
45 Posts

........x2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Yall ill have to try it out on my next day off...whoever thought one big plastic would be a good idea was mistaken. Took it out to the off-road park today and it did pretty good now I just have to replace the cdi I guess the old one is messing with the engine. It lags for a while before picking up the throttle. Thought it was the carb but it doesn't bog it down til it dies out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That sounds easier, wishing mine was the new style.lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a CDI box for the V2 for sale. PM me if interested.

Came off an 05 model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.