Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have the belt cover off and see 2 nuts that I need to take off. the one facing the front you see clearly it goes counter clockwise. How do I get it off without that wheel/sheaves moving?
I just want to get the old belt off and put the new one on. The belt thats in it dont seem to bad but it does slip. When inspecting it, it is glossed over with lots of dirt in most of the areas. I know dirt is bad for it. Not sure if a light sand on the beld and clean the area would make it as good as new or just replace it? I have a new belt ready.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size sockets does it take?

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just will have to wait for the sockets :( I was wondering something. I just inspected my belt and there is nothing really wrong with it. The only thing I can see is that it is glossed over due to the dirt that was in it and swamping the belt with lots of water might of caused it to gloss over like it is now. Would it be beneficial to clean the heck out of the sheaves and do a light sand on the belt to get rid of the gloss? or should I just replace it?

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Check the belt width with a vernier caliper to see if it is in spec first.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check the belt width with a vernier caliper to see if it is in spec first.

From the top of the belt the one on the machine is 34.75mm and the new Dayco XTX belt from the top is 35.53mm so not very far off. Not sure what stock specs are?

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Throw the dayco away or use it as a tow strap. Download the manual it's in there. You need to do more research lol j/k

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Throw the dayco away or use it as a tow strap. Download the manual it's in there. You need to do more research lol j/k
HAHA i have herd bad things about the Dayco belts but nothing bad about the XTX series belt.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drive Belt Width (minimum) 35.6 mm (1.40 in.)

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I have the sheaves apart and cleaned the heck out of them. Will be putting the XTX belt in and see how it goes. I dont see how it can be a bad belt. Much much stronger then the one of was in it. I payed $100 for it as well. Its not one of those $60 cheap Dayco's

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Good eye Rick. The new dayco belt is already worn out. Must be from rubbing in the bag. Just Kidding!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts