Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 ZR 900 w/ Tracks USA 136" kit, and the subject line says it all. How do I do it? I think the track is ballooning and it took out my coolant hose in on the back of the tunnel with one of the studs. I'm also looking at stiffening the suspension up a bit and would like to look at the track adjustment too. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
At the very rear idler wheels you should see a bolt on each side. You have to loosen the lock nut and then tightening up the bolt will shove the rear axle back, therefore tightening up the track. Just remember to do both sides the same and check to make sure track is running straight.

Also to tighten up rear suspension there is a triangle cam under the torsion springs on each side. The tallest part of keep is the stiffest setting.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There is more to it than that, you need to look up the proper specs/procedures for your particular model in the shop manual. Mine for instance, you jack the sled up so the track is a few inches of the ground, then take a fish scale an pull down on the center of the track (the manual will show you where) with 20LBS and the distance between the sliders and track should be between 1 - 1 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You need to loosen the axle before turning the adjuster bolts. It's a 9/16 nut under the cap on the idler wheel. I also have a 136" ZR9 and I run about 1 1/2 deflection at 20 lbs. With studs I would say 1 1/2 would be max I would run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check it when I get home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.