Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to hook up an HJC electric shield on a 07 F5LXR? Is there an adapter to fit in the 12 v acc. outlet? Or, should it be wired direct somewhere else? Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
239 Posts
The plug is on the right side. It has a cover on it next to the diagnostic port (or what looks to be the diagnostic). If I remember right it is a black and red wire.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am planning on buying the electric shield to the Series I Modular helmet. Is everyone just cutting off the existing plug on the end of the the sled and then soldering the wires together? Is there an adapter that has pigtails that will fit in the sled side and then be soldered to the female end that gets mounted in the sled?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Cat sells an extension that will plug into the adapter on one end and your helmet cord on the other.
If you want to use the 12v adapter, Yamaha makes a plug that is stainless steel that has the plug for the helmets

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seen a un-used plug with two wires, tan and black zip tied to another plug that was being used, are these the ones your talking about? I should be able to tell with a test light shouldnt I ?
The Yamaha plug mentioned will fit the Cat acc. outlet? Are all the helmet plugs the same?
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yes the Yamaha plug will fit, it will fit any 12v outlet or cigarette lighter in any vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts