Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been ridding skidoo for the last 12 years with a couple second sleds being cats. blew one 800 skidoo up on the first ride of the year and then picked up a 1200 4 stroke while i was rebuilding the 800. i like to go fast across lakes from time to time and love going off trail when i can... and one or two trips a year to the mountains. im thinking of going to a XF 1100 turbo with the 1.5 track. does it do the best of all three worlds???
SPEED? TRAILS? MOUNTAINS?

And if its not that bad to just change to a 2" track when I go to the mountains let me know.

All input helps.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
If trips to the mountains are all regular occurrence I would lean towards the High Country. The 1.5 Cobra is okay in powder but not stellar. Swapping tracks in these sleds is quite a bit of work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seriously? Stay with Ski Doo. I have 3-2012 Arctic Cat 4 strokes and have had so much trouble with them I am contemplating selling them all and switching brands. I have never owned anything but Cat, but this is getting ridiculous. The season is way to short for constant break downs and shortened trips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Couldn't be more happy about my choice , love my xf and im running around 240-260 hp still on first belt . haven't been to the mountains yet but that will be soon and so far in the deep stuff this thing works well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
thinking of going back to doo myself, just lost reverse for the third time on my xft. I love the power of the turbo but all the issues i've had really pisses me off and i hate riding and worrying about what is going to happen next.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I do love my sled but also am disappointed in the belt life. I am getting 1000 miles per belt which is better than most but not satisified since i primarely trail ride. I too am contemplateing tradeing brands again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sled

i to am thinking of tradeing to another brand i have the 2012 xf t sp i was out this weekend thinking i had 2 more weeks to ride when sled overheated ran it through 8"s of snow did not help then ecu 06 came on (sensor) sled was soooooooooooo hot had to tow it back , found coolant tank split on the seam, off to the dealer gave them a long of problems we will see what gets fixed...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't jump ship quite so soon. the turboed sleds have had their issues with some guys for sure. I have an xf turbo with 1500miles and counting with only failure a broken wire on my thumbwarmer. original belt as well. Have had several wot runs and sled seems to be getting faster.Couldn't be happier with the sled. have to admit it's not a ditch banger and never was meant to be one. Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Friends of mine run 1100t's, no problems or belts blown both around 2060 miles, we run them hard too, recalls were done and they're still thumping. The 1100T deffinatly doesn't like to keep the skis down though :sledder:

·
Banned
6 Posts
I love my 2012 XF800 SP. Minimal problems. Had to replace a radiator cap last year (warranty). Blew first belt this year, it had approx 1300 miles on it. 2500+miles total.
Happy with this snomasheen-Very alive in the trails & goes great in the deep but would like a more top end. I regeared to F specs last fall. Still need some more weight in primary though.
If looking to '14 models, I'd stay CAT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
xf1100lxr

Dont post but had to reply, Had a 12 xf1100t 3200 miles never used reverse.blew belt at 2700 miles loved it bought a 13 xf1100t have 5107 miles this year,changed belt at 3000 miles just had exhaust start leaking dont know problem yet,been blue whole life until 12, hands down this chassis rocks there is issues but they are fixing them.Pressure on engineers for horsepower,weight and price is hard.I also dont like the knowing of these problems they have when riding but most sledders know when there pushing the limits of any sled.Ride with apexes all the time,love those motors but they are stuck on trail these heavy cats like trail and off trail.My 2 cents

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love my 2012 XF800 SP. Minimal problems. Had to replace a radiator cap last year (warranty). Blew first belt this year, it had approx 1300 miles on it. 2500+miles total.
Happy with this snomasheen-Very alive in the trails & goes great in the deep but would like a more top end. I regeared to F specs last fall. Still need some more weight in primary though.
If looking to '14 models, I'd stay CAT.
what is the top speed roughly with stock? just curious as I am looking at buying a 12 XF8. I ride trails and go off trail as much as I can and believe the power an 8 has, it needs a longer track. I was thinking F8 but after riding an XF8 a week ago I changed my mind. Don't think I will miss the little bit of corner carving the F8 might have over the XF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 12' xf 800 blow a belt every 500 miles, and can't keep headlights in it. And the odometer racks up 10 extra miles every ride compared to every other sled I ride with. also has been to the shop 4 times this year. The dealer has bin good but I'm sick of the worrying every ride. Might be doo next year

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
The thing I don't understand it out of 15 post 7 are not negative and the remaining 8 you would think they have nothing but junk, and your going to base a decision on that???? Dude they are all junk when you have issues!!! I have said this before and I'll say it again, this is what these forums are basically for, for the guys that have issues to get help resolving them, and to have a good time doing it. If every post was to tell how great their sled was, it would be boring and we have no use for these forums. So out of 8 junk units how many thousand have no issues at all????? That we don't hear about do we?my2cents:beer_cheers:

Reactions: bigkitty77

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
If you like the handling of a doo, you'll love the new cat. It's amazing on the trail, and a huge bump up in many categories, my only complaint is that it handles like a doo. I just switched to an XM this year for my main sled, but still have a 12 proclimb that's great in some areas, but just has little quirks I don't like.

·
Registered
79 Posts
im wasnt totally brand loyal. Till this year. I ride with most doo guys.i just bought a xf800 sp.wile I do have a belt problem out of the 4 guys I ride with that ride doos 3 have had cranks put in there's and the other lost a cylinder at the end of the year. All but one has rode my xf and they all said they may switch to cat now.the other said he would rather walk then ride a cat....guess what!!!!!!!! he did..I have nothing agents doo but after this season I am happy as hell I didn't have to sit at the side of the trail or get pulled in.A belt is a quick fix and I was told they are working on a fix for it.
1679 problem free miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a xf800 and have it with full exhaust and boysen reeds. I bought the artic cat because got tired of the the who will tow you home today.. That and the motors that blew is a piss off. I have 1600 problem free miles and 0 belt broken. I did although add bradley torque arm for insurance after reading the forums. the motor runs mint but the clutches are so so..,

Only small complaint is the gearing on the 12. If you run with turbos or apex you'll miss top end a bit. Although in the twisties hang on

1 - 20 of 24 Posts