Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen holdovers and/or Cat salvage sleds listed for sale on this and other sites, from dealers in MN and Maine. What is the difference between salvage and holdover? Can my local arctic cat dealer get me these same sleds? My budget allows for $6K on a new snowmobile in the next couple of years, and I am thinking I could sell what I have now and get two brand new $4,000 sleds that are 4 or 5 year old holdover/salvage sleds. Is there a risk to doing this? I don't see how I could lose if I bought a new holdover every couple of years, seems like the instant depreciation is already gone.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Others can validate or correct this, but the last time I checked on salvage sleds from Cats "yard", I believe they don't come with warranty, and who knows what kind of shape they're in. I've purchased some parts from their salvage dpt and some of them were pretty rough. If you can find an actual leftover that you like, I'd say that would be the better way to go.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
A few years ago One of the dealers in my area had got a friend a firecat that had a forklift hole in the one belly pan and a mark on the tunnel out of salvage for next to nothing. But as said before there was no warranty. I have talked to Country Cat about doing this in the past and they do deal with cat salvage some. If you know what you want they can check weather its available.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
they can be new in crate, uncrated, then recrated, some zero miles, some lots of miles.. Ask first. These sleds are sold through Cat salvage dept. that's why some call them salvage sleds.. I try and only get new in crate ones, but sometimes new and recrated are fine. I think they changed the warranty to 60 or 90 days now I forget..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts