Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my HMF on my 06 500. I got one for an H1. It bolted right up. I couldnt believe it. I've heard of everybody having to fab brackets but it fit right on. :sure_ok: Did I do something wrong? :tongue_nana: slaphappy She sounds really good now. It's putting out a lot of black smoke though. Dyno-jet will be next!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey Bucanoles how"s it goin?Was really interested in the Speedwerx slip on, think you were too?How does that HMF sound is it killer loud, moderatly loud, or close to stock?I really want to wake my 06 500 up but dont want to ride with excessive noise.Really want my cat to wheelie.Not that I will be wheeling all the time but run with poo poo 800 and he is able to wheelie at anytime he wishes. Want to show him the 500 big cat can be just the same in the mud and the open trail for a lot less money.

Autocat. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
good deal, need some pictures now! what year h1 does it say that it fits? 06 and newer? i thought one year (05) the h1 had a bigger header pipe than the 500 then in 06 both were the same size since.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Autocat @ Jan 31 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Bucanoles how"s it goin?Was really interested in the Speedwerx slip on, think you were too?How does that HMF sound is it killer loud, moderatly loud, or close to stock?I really want to wake my 06 500 up but dont want to ride with excessive noise.Really want my cat to wheelie.Not that I will be wheeling all the time but run with poo poo 800 and he is able to wheelie at anytime he wishes. Want to show him the 500 big cat can be just the same in the mud and the open trail for a lot less money.

Autocat. :beer_cheers:[/b]
It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud. It sounds really good to me. It has a deep growl. Yeah I wanted to get the Speedwerx just because it was made for the bike, but this one really bolted right up. I think it was made for 06 and up H1's. My 05 does not have the springs on the exhaust like the 06. I will post some pics. I wont know what kind of performance it get's me until I jet it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts