Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime during the next year or so, I would like to add pages to ArcticChat.com that show a model by model history of Arctic Cat. The pages will look something like this Click here for example.

We will it build it slowly over time...year by year, model by model.

I have most of Arctic Cat brochures that were produced from 1963 to date. I will use the brochures for the Specs for each model.

I will be adding a thread in this forum for each year Cat produced products. If you have any good pictures of a Cat from a particular year (any picture, but side shot without people would be best), please add them to the thread for that year. Also, if you have any interesting tid bits about a particular model in a certain year like MSRP, options, first of production, etc...please post that as well.

If you have questions about this forum, please ask them in this pinned topic. I would like to keep the 1962-2005 threads the only content in this forum.

I have not decided what the final format of the pages will be, but any/all information would be appreciated.

Thanks...Marc

·
Registered
31 Posts
IN MY OPINION THERE ARE THREE GUYS RESPONSABLE FOR CAT BEING VERY POPULAR BACK IN THE DAY 2 ARE LIVING ONE DIED AWHILE BACK IN A CROP DUSTING ACIDENT ON HIS FARM, BUT THE 2 REMAINING WERE THE 2 WHO ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO THE REBIRTH OF ARTCO. BACK IN 82 DAVE THOMPSON AND LARRY COLTEN, DAVE USED HIS OWN HOME TO BORROW MONEY TO BUILD A PROTO TYPE 600 ELTIGRE AND LARRY WAS AND IS THE CLUTCH MAN OF ARCTIC CAT TO DATE DAVE WAS ALMOST KILLED TWICE IN ICE OVAL BACK IN 74 REASON I SAID TWICE WAS BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY DIED TWICE ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL BUT SERVIVED ONLY TO COME BACK IN 75 BUT ONLY TO SHOW HIS FANS HE WAS OK THEN HE STARTED HIS OWN TEAM WITH CAT UNTILL THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS THEN HE WENT TO WORK BRINGING IT BACK WHILE STILL RUNNING HIS RACE TEAM THEN KIRK HIBBERT STARTS RACING FOR CAT AROUND 82?? ALL THIS INFO IS IN CATS PRIDE 97 WHEN THEY INTRODUCED ZR500-600 A SIDE NOTE HERE DAVE ALSO RESTORED A FEW 55-56 CHEVY BELAIRS TOO. TO ME HE IS ONE TOUGH CAT JUST LIKE THE ADD IN THE 73 SEASON RACE AND RALLY MAG.(BEFORE THEY CHANGED TO SNOTECH) MOST DIE HARD CAT GUYS NEVER HEARD OF HIM THAT IS BECAUSE HE KEEPS A VERY LOW PROFILE HE IS RETIRED NOW BUT SHOWS UP AT HOME TOWN DAYS AT THE FACTORY THE STYLING OF THE 2001 ZRT ,ZR,AND ZL WAS HIS OLDEST SON WHO WORKS IN STYLING DEPT. JUST SOMETHING I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS ON SINSE I DON,T HAVE A OLD CAT. thumbguy

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Marc, I'd love that very much !. I'm still new to Arctic Cat sleds even though I really do enjoy browsing through Vintage sled Websites and looking at those King Kat with their humoguous (sp?.) engine sticking out of the hood like the Muscle car prototype. It gets my hype going by just looking at them. thumbguy

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi im new to this site but love it already think you have great idea.i am currently restoring and riding a 88 650 wild cat and cant find a whole lot of info on that,paticular sled. :ag:

·
Registered
123 Posts
well that sounds like a hell of an idea. i'am new to this forum,but i like it already. i'am 42 years old ,and have ridden arctic cats since 1971 thats when dad brought home the lynx. before that we had a scorpion 1965 i belive and a evenrude 1968 i think. and in the seventies we sold arctic cats in upstate ny.so i guess u could say if u cut me i bleed green. but i rember when purple,and black were the only two colors cat used. if i can be of any help please ask. i well look for some old photos to post.. brian t..

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think this is a fantastic idea. What a resource. Everyone needs to post pics of thier sleds and any info with them that sets them apart. Anybody with some unique or rare info or story will really help this forum as well.

One thing that I think would be a good idea and the rest of you can chime in as well is, would it be possible to keep the years in order from oldest to newest? I know the most recent reply jumps to the top, but is it possible to lock them in order for just this forum section? Just a thought.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Originally posted by zl-bob@Mar 31 2004, 11:20 PM
IN MY OPINION THERE ARE THREE GUYS RESPONSABLE FOR CAT BEING VERY POPULAR BACK IN THE DAY 2 ARE LIVING ONE DIED AWHILE BACK IN A CROP DUSTING ACIDENT ON HIS FARM, BUT THE 2 REMAINING WERE THE 2 WHO ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO THE REBIRTH OF ARTCO. BACK IN 82  DAVE THOMPSON AND LARRY COLTEN, DAVE USED HIS OWN HOME TO BORROW MONEY TO BUILD A PROTO TYPE 600 ELTIGRE AND LARRY WAS AND IS THE CLUTCH MAN OF ARCTIC CAT TO DATE DAVE WAS ALMOST KILLED TWICE IN ICE OVAL BACK IN 74 REASON I SAID TWICE WAS BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY DIED TWICE ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL BUT SERVIVED ONLY TO COME BACK IN 75 BUT ONLY TO SHOW HIS FANS HE WAS OK THEN HE STARTED HIS OWN TEAM WITH CAT UNTILL THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS THEN HE WENT TO WORK BRINGING IT BACK WHILE STILL RUNNING HIS RACE TEAM THEN KIRK HIBBERT STARTS RACING FOR CAT AROUND 82?? ALL THIS INFO IS IN CATS PRIDE 97 WHEN THEY INTRODUCED ZR500-600 A SIDE NOTE HERE DAVE ALSO RESTORED A FEW 55-56 CHEVY BELAIRS TOO. TO ME HE IS ONE TOUGH CAT JUST LIKE THE ADD IN THE 73 SEASON RACE AND RALLY MAG.(BEFORE THEY CHANGED TO SNOTECH) MOST DIE HARD CAT GUYS NEVER HEARD OF HIM THAT IS BECAUSE HE KEEPS A VERY LOW PROFILE HE IS RETIRED NOW BUT SHOWS UP AT HOME TOWN DAYS AT THE FACTORY  THE STYLING OF THE 2001 ZRT ,ZR,AND ZL WAS HIS OLDEST SON WHO WORKS IN STYLING DEPT. JUST SOMETHING I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS ON SINSE I DON,T HAVE A OLD CAT. thumbguy
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Zeluski..Zelinski....
ZR=Zelenski Racer
ZL=Zelinski Liquid
ZRT=Zelinski Racing Triple

·
Registered
778 Posts
Both of Daves sons work at Ac and so does one of Larrys and both Larry and Dave are great down to earth guys just like Roger Skime, Russ Ebert, Kirk Hibbert,and the rest of the AC boys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy!!

I am a recent, totally addicted, vintage sled enthusiast!! I have been bitten by the bug....real bad! But is so awesome!!! What a fantastic hobby with so many people willing to help out with advice and encouragement! Anyway, in response to your History forum, I would very much like to get my hands on some of those photo's ans specs you are putting together. Specifically, the 72 thru 75ish Puma series, and also the info and pics since it's release, on the Jag 3000. If you have any, or know where I can get some I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your time and consideration! And thanks for such a GREAT site!
Bud Stevenson
Allenstown NH

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that getting some pictures of older sleds is a great idea. i am new to this site so once i get a little more used to getting some pictures on here. i will get some to you marc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
if your intrested in some cool history for the older sleds check out this site, it has info on lots of older sleds.
The Boss Cat Legacy
just search the sled your interested in at the top

1 - 20 of 22 Posts