Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the largest battery ( highest cranking amps ) that will fit in the stock location on my 06 650 twin?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Measure it and stop my a metric cycle shop and find one for the largest displacement bike that will fit in the space. They should be listed by cold cranking amps also. Or try a aftermarket company like interstate, long as you know the size of the battery they can tell you the strongest one that will be the same size .

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I went with the Odyssey PC680 for my 04 V2 and it turned it over a LOT better. Spun it over like nothing in the winter too, so that was great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow, that PC680 is $126. That seems a little steep, but if it lasts for 4 or 5 years, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I went to walmart and got the biggest battery that would fit, the one i have is MUCH larger bairly fits

·
Registered
782 Posts
Everstart Max ES20LBS Works Great

·
Registered
474 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frontiercat @ Apr 27 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow, that PC680 is $126. That seems a little steep, but if it lasts for 4 or 5 years, it would be worth it.[/b]
Get what you pay for, I have one and it's worth every cent. It's a gell cell, so there's no water to evaporate when under heavy loads, it recovers faster, more cranking amps and a lot longer reserve. It's also a lot more resistant to shock and vibration as the plates are supported better, immersed in gel instead of water.. Uhh, no I don't sell 'em, but I guess I should eh? slaphappy

·
Registered
782 Posts
No problem Doc I figure if it lasts half as long as a gell cell i got my $$$$$ worth

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I also recommend the Odyssey PC680, as i also have one and it is well worth the ching my2cents

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW that is quite the battery it got like 650 cca. , I read some reviews on it and most people that have writen reviews are using them in cars! Seen pricing at $99 htats not bad the manfacture gives a life of 6-8 years. I can put it in my next CAT. Thanks for all the help. I just have to find a place that can get me one, Im in Ontario CANADA EH.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Total Battery in Barrie Ontario if that helps. I am looking at getting one and they carry them according to their web site.Didn't get a price yet.I'll be going through there next month so I will just stop and see if I can pick one up.Give them a try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Furball
I called TOTAL BATTERY IN OTTAWA and they said it's $126 for the PC680, but it will not be avable until June.
Thanks again

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
What I find annoying is that lawn tractor batteries are about half the size of a regular car battery, have lots of cranking power and are dirt cheap but are a little too large to fit in ATVs. Why wouldn't the ATV manufacturers make the battery compartment large enough for lawn tractor batteries to fit? We'd be paying $30.00 rather than $75.00 to $100.00 for a replacement battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats the warn (0%) box box box box box for on my avatar space for I don't see it on anyone elses space???????????????/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts