Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 zr 600 it has close to 12,000 miles on it. 90 percent of the miles are northern (VT,ME,NH) if i started to add performance parts ( like pipe, clutch kit, ect...) to the sled do u think that i will have problems down the road.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just goes to show there is no need to rebuild every three or four thousand miles. Most sleds with proper care and not much abuse will last much longer than most people would believe. If you still have good compression(over 100 pounds per cylinder) a few mods wouldn't hurt. Clutching would likely help more than any pipe or reed could.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i would say rebuild it with new pistons. i would bet you would see a huge performance gain. why take a chance. $250 in parts and its in tip top shape again. i can tell you it sucks out in the middle of nowwhere with a broke down sled. soemthing that could be prevented. i here so many say if it ain't broke don't fix it. however i littel maintenence goes a long way. just finished rebuilding my 1999 zrt 800. 5000 miles and i can tell you it runs a lot better with a significant difference in compression. yes i could have kept running it. but i want to go out on a trip and make it back! on the same sled!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts