Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a high beam switch from an F7 in my Sno Pro and am wondering where the little tab on the switch lever goes. Does it go into the recess in the bottom of the brake lever or in front of the brake lever? Does anyone have a picture of it?

Thanks,

-J

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Is this what your looking for?? Its from a 03 F7 sp

[attachment=139454:32.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the assembly that I'm talking about. I'm looking for a picture from the bottom side of that assembly on the sled itself.

Thanks,

-J

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did the same thing to my 03 440 that I put a F7 motor in I just bought the switch but after I got it in the mail and looked at my buddies F7 to see were it went I realized the lever is not the same and if you buy the lever for a F7 then where it bolts up and where the tab go’s do not line up you need the whole assembly from a F5 F6 or F7 and that’s more then I wanted to spend so I left it on the dash

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the complete lever and master cylinder assembly from an F7. I have pieced it together from various people over time. I just haven't been able to figure out the correct way for the switch to mesh with the brake lever.

-J

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok then there is a hole the tab gos in it should be there if you have all the rite parts it should be snug so when you push it the lights switch and when you pull it the brake comes on

iam thinking you dont have the rite parts if you cant figur it out its one bolt and one hole

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the parts match the diagram for this set up, so I don't have the wrong parts. I purchased a complete master cylinder assembly from an F7 that had a broken switch and a broken detent spring, then I purchased the switch and detent spring from another F7. This is exactly why I am asking for a picture of an actual sled.

Telling me that you think I have the wrong parts is not helpful. I'm not confused as to how the switch mounts (it is one screw and an alignment pin, and you can't use the stock master cylinder because it doesn't have the counterbore to allow clearance for the brass bushing on the switch), it is how the actuator interfaces with the lever that I am trying to figure out.

Thanks,

-J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts