Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Runs okay for awhile, then when I start getting on it hard the idle creeps up to 3000+. Shut it down for awhile or just let it idle that way for awhile and it drops back down after 5 minutes, but creeps right back up as soon as I start riding hard again. If I keep running it, it will eventually just want to stall unless I pump the throttle. Performance is fine in the mid and wide open during all this.

Did some basic testing of sensors and case leaks, but it runs great in the garage. Next move will be to relocate the shop to my riding area so I can test it when it's acting up, as it only acts up when it's under load.

Wouldn't a sensor malfunction just put it into rich mode? Reeds? Fuel pump? Help! i don't want to have to haul it to a shop.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just had a high idle problem on my 04, but mine was 3000rpm all the time.

turned out to be the bar riser I put on it. I loosened the throttle cable nuts about 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn and the idle went back to normal (around 1800).

How do you "basic test" for case leaks? I thought the only way to do it was to plug the holes off and pressurize with air?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigblock, an acetylene torch (unlit of course) will help find leaks. Similar to using ether but easy to control and you can pinpoiont leaks pretty good.

Justinator, the sled usually ildles around 1400. Think I'll check the reeds next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.