Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing the high flow intake on my '05 F7 EFI. I am sure someone has done this already. Should I be concerned about creating a lean condition? Some insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
FYI most of the dyno #'s I have seen the high flow intakes on firecats actually LOSE HP. Spend your hard earned money on a better mod like a timing advance key or a clutch kit. JM2CENTS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your feedback. I should have indicated that I have installed a 1.5 degree key and updated my clutch to the 10.4. As well I plan on puchasing a ODS clutch kit. Thanks once again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
With the HF intake do most people think that you will gain HP in bottom end meaning more acceralation and loose HP on top end because of the ventura effect. I installed a HF intake to my 05 F7 sno-pro i didnt noticed to much difference. I notice when you are running in a ditch at 80 or 90 mph for ways when you go back to get on the gas some times it is like it is starving for air. My dealer said go back to the stock air. What does everyone else think???

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just ordered the h/f intake, and i hope it will help give more power.I think the stock 06 f7 efi has a bigger intake than 05, thats why i ordered one. I dunno

·
Registered
484 Posts
i installed one on my F5 (carbed) and it gave me better fuel milage...but that is a carb..efi is going to be different...(from what i have read over the last couple years) i agree, there is better mods to spend your money

Mikie

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikieday @ Feb 14 2007, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i installed one on my F5 (carbed) and it gave me better fuel milage...but that is a carb..efi is going to be different...(from what i have read over the last couple years) i agree, there is better mods to spend your money

Mikie[/b]
Did it help it run more lean 2? How was it compared 2 stock? Did i use the SLP high flow intake?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the 2003 440 Sno Pro the air tube/silencer( part # 1670-315 $9.00) is larger than the current air tubes on the Fire Cats. This part was not used on any other Firecat models on '03-06. It is shaped differently than the current offerings and does insert into the air box. This is an affordable option but you have to cut your air box. I thought that the shape/size of the air tube affected the noise levels and not neccesarily air flow issues. If you check the parts catalogues they do refer to the part as a silencer. Food for thought.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This hole topic on HiFlo air intakes losing power on the dyno is totally irrelivant to how it performs out in the cold temps. Ambient air temps on a dyno will be totally differnet to those outside as your speed is increasing allowing that much more airflow into your cylinders! I have a really hard time believing that more air equals less hp...doesn't add up! Put the dyno outside with a huge gust of wind and then tell me the airbox mods lose power......I may then believe you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.