Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a weekend trip with my new 2013 High Country. Sled ran great and was a blast, but am having a couple minor issues.

First, the sled handles overall very well, is easy to lay over an do powder turns, etc. However, during low speed turns on any kind of loose snow the skis seem to really suck and there is a lot of push in the turns. I have a set of powder pros on another sled that I am going to put on but are the stock skis really this bad at low speed or is this a setup problem??

Second, every time I filled the gas tank the fuel gauge was flashing empty and yet the sled only took about 6 gallons of gas meaning that over 4 gallons was still in there. Not having a service manual yet, I am wondering if there is a way to get it to be more accurate. Has anyone else had any issue regarding the accuracy of the electronic fuel gauge? I would really like a way to check visually, but since you can't even see into the tank I would like to get the existing gauge as accurate as possible.

Third, I am already seeing signs of wear on the finish on the lower a-arms. What are you guys using for protection if anything?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The stock ski's do suck. My 13 M has crap skis also, powder pros will help lots. Fuel guage issue, lots of people complaining about reading empty when not. Fix i have seen is to bend the float arm that is in the tank so it reads more correctly. Mine does the same thing. I just carry gas just in case. As for a-arm protection, look at SPG(skinz protective gear).

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Trail tank now has a better tank for the PC as well... and you can get it in clear, so that you don't have to wonder what the pos gauge is reading. Also you can see down in the tank, like you should be able to.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. The fuel gauge sure is frustrating. Not only is it not accurate, but it only works with the sled running, can't see in the tank, yada, yada, yada. That clear tank would be great, but for what we pay for these sleds you would think they could do better. Having said that, my buddy's skidoo gauge doesn't even work at all. I never had much problem with the good old mechanical gauge in the cap. IMO, that would be an improvement over what this sled has right now.

On another note, what can recommendations do you guys have. I'm not after noise, just weight loss. Ideally, I would want as quiet as stock, but much smaller and lighter. I know that isn't possible, but as close to that as possible. BTW, it is an 800.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Skins ultra Q, not ear bleeding but nice rumble

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
It's not on the website yet anyone got pics ?
Mmsports did a thread on his a few days back.

Btw, I was hesitant about ordering a big old tank, but the guys I've shipped to have only cost about 30... not bad at all.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts