Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, that is bad luck. I hope mine last at least a season. If they burn out fast I will go for refund and switch. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
go on ebay. search hid atv lights. The brand I got were called luminous. Seller called "the gadgetshop". They'll hook ya up. $30 a pair I think? While yur doing it, may as well order two pair. You'll love em and want them in your brights too. lol.

Reactions: NEKF800

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Dang, I thought these kits were cheap when I did mine. :lol:
Mine are still working great 6 years later.

I saw this post and wondered if it was the one I was a part of so I clicked the post count and saw that I have the most posts at 26, 27 now. :lol:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
absolutely positively HID. hands down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased two sets of lights for two of my quads about a month ago. After reading everyone's suggestions I went with the DDM Tuning 881 Kit. I wanted to try out a set of lights before putting them into both the low beam and high beams. I got the 881 35 watt kit and installed it in the low beam only. The install was super easy like shown. Basically just simple plug and play. They worked very well for about 10-15 hours. Before our ride last night the first quads lights wouldn't turn on at all. We thought it may be related to the ignition switch so we wired the lights directly to a hot and put them on a fuse and switch so we could still ride. About an hour into our ride my 2nd quad did exactly the same thing. Obviously this problem is related to the lights install and very odd that both bikes failed within the same amount of time. Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
nope.......

·
Super Moderator
4,547 Posts
I purchased two sets of lights for two of my quads about a month ago. After reading everyone's suggestions I went with the DDM Tuning 881 Kit. I wanted to try out a set of lights before putting them into both the low beam and high beams. I got the 881 35 watt kit and installed it in the low beam only. The install was super easy like shown. Basically just simple plug and play. They worked very well for about 10-15 hours. Before our ride last night the first quads lights wouldn't turn on at all. We thought it may be related to the ignition switch so we wired the lights directly to a hot and put them on a fuse and switch so we could still ride. About an hour into our ride my 2nd quad did exactly the same thing. Obviously this problem is related to the lights install and very odd that both bikes failed within the same amount of time. Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.
Mine seem sensitive to low voltage. So I start the machine first, let it run for a few seconds then turn on the lights. Doing this they have always lit up.

·
Super Moderator
4,547 Posts
I have led and hid in now. The led are not that bright but I really only need them as running lights. Put them in the low beam. The hid are in high beam so I can turn them off when someone approaches on the trail and I don't blind them. I have way more light than stock and less draw on the system. Led tailight too, but it's no brighter than stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
OPT7 ATV Side HID Kit 862 881 886 894 5000K White Headlight Xenon Light Bulbs.

I put them in the high beam side so I can dim my lights for oncoming traffic. $34.00 and free shipping.Hooey are they bright.Cat happy
Also, besides looking at the bulb, which I cant do cause the wheeler is 80 miles away, how can I find out the bulb size? All the AC and countrycats site say are part number.
And are the low beams 35w and the high 55w? or is it just a matter of preference because the beam patterns are different?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
881 ......

Reactions: AlexG.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok Ive been trying to read through this thread. Just so I'm clear, the 881s would fit my 2004 500 4x4 manual right? And the 6000k are the white, not blue correct? But, I do have 2 questions. Im sure they were asked/answered and I probabaly just missed them. Anyway, 1) are the stock bulbs different in the high and low beams on my atv? Wondering about putting the new HIDs in high beam and putting the stock high beams wheere my current low beams are. Just since I'll have the old hi beams. But I wasnt sure if they were actually different bulbs or just different angles. 2) Which is better, the HID replacememts? Or say a 12" 72 W led light bar with flood/spot?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Bulbs are the same. I have both hid and led. They are both good but I have had more problems with the hid. 2 ballast in two years. My led is a 12" spot/ flood with Cree led's. It's only a few months old but no problems yet. Make sure you get ip68 water rating

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bulbs are the same. I have both hid and led. They are both good but I have had more problems with the hid. 2 ballast in two years. My led is a 12" spot/ flood with Cree led's. It's only a few months old but no problems yet. Make sure you get ip68 water rating
Thanks for the info!

Anyone have any experience with this light/brand?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Looks good and wow good price.
Color is good but it doesn't list lumens. I would ask the seller first

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you have a part# and place where you bought your led lights?
thanks in advance.:lol:

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good and wow good price.
Color is good but it doesn't list lumens. I would ask the seller first
So i asked the seller snd his response was "the output is 1680 lumens per one." You think that means per LED? Or the whole light? If the whole light, thats weak.

281 - 300 of 319 Posts