Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add a switch so I can operate my high and low beams at the same time. Has anyone done it with thier wheeler?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I havent but I am sure it can be done.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
when i put my high beams on my lows stay on on my 05 i believe, could be wrong? if not you would have to just wire in the low beam power in with the high on the switch, i think that would work. your lows would come on and when flipped to high both would stay on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the chevy trucks there is a relay you put in and then both of the light socme on the trucks!!

I don't know if you would need to do the same on the bikes

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zbarz_66 @ Jan 18 2007, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On the chevy trucks there is a relay you put in and then both of the light socme on the trucks!!

I don't know if you would need to do the same on the bikes[/b]
I just did that mod to my 92 GMC last week, works great. Just used a 4 post relay, one wire to highpeam power, one to low beam power, one to contant power (battery) and the last one to ground. Also have a inline fuse in the constant power wire for safety.
Doing it on an ATV really wouldn't be any difference, except for the added mess and space the wires and relay take up. Not sure how it would fair with all the mud and water either I dunno

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
On my '05 500 the lows stay on when I put the highs on also.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Same here, my lows stay on with the high beams

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I'm just guessing here but you could have a problem with your hi/low switch or with a connection in the switch wire. I'd take it in to the dealer and have it looked at because I think all models are suppose to use all 4 lights when the high beams are on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I love the easy fixes! I've not driven in the dark yet, so I havent payed much attention to the lights. I doesnt get dark in summer, and theres only he short time in fall before it gets too cold when lights are usable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts