Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what about us???!!!
I'm reading some updates are coming for us 12&13 owners in March??!! Is there anyone at the show that can confirm or deny these reports or is this just a marketing ploy to hush the folks with on going issues??

·
Banned
122 Posts
Hey what about us???!!!
I'm reading some updates are coming for us 12&13 owners in March??!! Is there anyone at the show that can confirm or deny these reports or is this just a marketing ploy to hush the folks with on going issues??
I would like to have some of the clutch upgrades. What are you hearing for updates?

·
Registered
17 Posts
updates

if it is just a bushing , it didn,t work on the 800 , there is no way it will work on the turbo , there is just to much heat down their , these clutches flat out run to HOT .
i am hopeing they will come up with something for us 12&13 owners , maybe new secondary with the better fins for cooling ?
problem is this time of year nobody can test it till next year. so here we go again.
i will not cut up my panels anymore i tried frogskin vent and cut bat wing no diff at all

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
problem is this time of year nobody can test it till next year. so here we go again.
What you talkin bout???

Our season just started.

We normally ride till July here... PLENTY of time to test stuff.

2 days ago btw...

·
Registered
17 Posts
well here in mi we will be done in mid march , it would be great if you guts got the updates , what ever they are , to test this year
What you talkin bout???

Our season just started.

We normally ride till July here... PLENTY of time to test stuff.

2 days ago btw...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Heat! Why is it generated? If you cruise easy all the alignments should not generate that much heat if vented propert but when under power/torque heat is generated by misalignment (IMO) which is the reason belts are letting go. If a new cooler clutching is the answer (2014) will torque still generate too much heat? Running 160+hp chances are there is movement of engine so with torque link on one side that movement may be transfering to jack shaft and further down to bulkhead mount thus alignment is affected and heat is generated? If you read all the issues like bolts coming out, jack shaft issues and bearings letting go it all makes sence. There was someone out west developing a mag side torque link in an effort to hold engine alignment, has anyone heard of success with that effort? I can only hope that Cat has addressed this movement issue because I believe it will reduce the heat enough to resolve or reduce belt issues??? If its just a patch with new materials that run cooler that may help but will it solve?

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
well here in mi we will be done in mid march , it would be great if you guts got the updates , what ever they are , to test this year

There will be some of them around I'm sure. Come on out & get some spring riding in... mid to late may is a BLAST!!!!!

btw, this was yesterday...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts