Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM BUYING A 2007 700 EFI AND HAVE 30-10-12 MUDLITES WITH AN HMF AND SOON TO HAVE A VDI. I HAVE BEEN HEARING HORROR STORIES ON THE AXELS POPPING OUT... DON'T WANT THE PROBLEM BUT I WANT A 2" LIFT IN IT... WHAT SHOULD I BUY AND WHERE SHOULD I BUY FROM??? I JUST JOINED THIS AWESOME SITE SO I DON'T KNOW ANYONE. WHO IS ODB AS THEY SEEM TO CURE THE PROBLEM...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! FINALLY I FOUND PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THE BEST ATV IS...............

·
Registered
210 Posts
In my experiance, they dont pop out they snap. With a 2 in lift and 30's you might want some Gorilla axels there much stronger.
AUSSIE

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
With or without the lift, you'll likely snap those stock axles running 30's. Buy Gorilla axles and that'll help your cause. Stock axles are good, but unless you wanna be a sally on the gas (and who of us would want to do that??) with those 30's, you're gonna run into issues. :(

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I just bought a highlifter 2" lift from one of the members on here modn :thumbsup: . Great guy. I have read the same thing that it will be hard on the axles because you are increasing the angle on the cv's and also the front left axle will pull out of the diff. The gorilla axles are longer so they don't pull out of the diff and will take the abuse better.

WC

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
welcome call to ArcticChat.com!! Like the others have said, if you're going with tires that size you might as well plan on upgrading the axles at the same time! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW THIS SITE IS GREAT---SOMEWHERE I SAW THAT ODB HAS A LIFT AND AXLES IN A KIT READY TO BUY BUT I CAN'T FIND HOW TO CONTACT THEM...I HAVE A 2005 AC 400 WITH AN EPI CLUTCH KIT,2" HL LIFT,28" MUDLITES, AC CHROME BUMPERS,AC HAND GUARDS,MAXXIS WHEELS,HAND WARMERS, 2500 # WARN,K-N FILTER AND IT HAS 700 MILES FOR $4700.00 IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED... IT IS SPOTLESS...CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICS ON HERE.. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS---ANYONE EVER THOUGHT OF SETTING UP AN ARCTICCHAT MUDBOG OR FUNRIDE??????(HOPEFULLY AROUND THE MIDWEST)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ARCTIC CAT IN MY BLOOD @ Apr 11 2007, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WOW THIS SITE IS GREAT---SOMEWHERE I SAW THAT ODB HAS A LIFT AND AXLES IN A KIT READY TO BUY BUT I CAN'T FIND HOW TO CONTACT THEM...[/b]
Here's your man - contact him.

cattrv06sable

Or else do a google search on ATV OF SHREVEPORT or ODB CUSTOM

Jay

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the Chat!!!! Thats a really unique and nice looking '05.

·
Registered
454 Posts
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Look for the ride in that ATV Rides and REports section. We're planning a ride the first weekend in June up in Forbes, MN. You should come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts