Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone I recently just got a 2003 firecat f7 efi but the thing is that it lacks power under load. I took it in to see what was wrong and the place I took it to priced everything that needs to be fixed for 4,021.02 for the things that need replacing the major things are
1. primary clutch cracked can I weld this back or do I have to get a new clutch kit?
2.throttle block broken can I take this off and clean myself or do I have to have someone do this for me?
3.rail needs to be fixed its just a small slightly bent piece by the rear main idler wheel it doesn't effect the track movement at all how important is this to get fixed plus the bearings need to be replaced all of them?
what are the main things I should worry about fixing first id like to get it all done but I don't have that kind of money any feedback would be a great help I am from Minnesota hope someone can help me figure this out thanks everyone. have a great night!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
You might be in deep with this one. The 03’s are bad for cracked bulkheads. Can’t weld clutches. Bent rails should be changed. If you’re doing bearings do them all including the driveshaft bearings unless this one has diamond drive which is another procedure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so no matter what I would have to get a new bulkhead and clutch? but when the funds come in I will get all the bearings changed but this is the chain driven 03 f7 is there any companies out there that make a 144" rail/track extension or would I be okay with the stock track? thank you for the reply @660catman I will update pictures here soon maybe tmr after work but the hood also needs to be replaced along with the seat. what would be the best most comfortable seat for trail riding and some deep powder riding?

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Don’t know about seat. The EXT version of the F7’s have 144” tracks. Bulkhead changes require a total tear down of sled. Do a search on here “F7 bulkhead cracked”. You can find a lot of info on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts