Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a issue i have 2004 dvx arctic cat and i just bought it NEVER had a quad like this (racing) and i washed it because it had mud all over it when i bought it and i think i got water down in the spark plug because the spark plug wire is wet and when i kinda dry it off and put it back on it starts right up but my problem is there is still water down in there anybody have any ideas how to get the water out without removing anything. and also were i can get new plastics for it? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
i have a issue i have 2004 dvx arctic cat and i just bought it NEVER had a quad like this (racing) and i washed it because it had mud all over it when i bought it and i think i got water down in the spark plug because the spark plug wire is wet and when i kinda dry it off and put it back on it starts right up but my problem is there is still water down in there anybody have any ideas how to get the water out without removing anything. and also were i can get new plastics for it? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Water cannot enter the engine if the spark plug was not removed. It just got wet on the outside. IF it does start and run, that water will boil off and evaporate in about 5 minutes of running and be dry. There is also a tiny hole drilled through the fins into the spark plug cavity that is for draining water out. Sounds like that hole on yours is still plugged with mud. That hole is hard to see though, Once you find it its easy to clean by poking a wire through it.

Almost any cat dealership or online OEM parts sellers will sell you new plastics. Sometimes a set will show up on ebay, craigs list, or in the for sale section on this forum from users that are parting out a ATV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not in the spark plug its down in the head of the engine when i take the plug off the plug is wet for the spark plug and i haven't looked for the hole ur talking about yet but thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts