Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 1000 cruiser and took a the black plastics off the bike near the steering stem trying too plan out a home-made snorkel job. When I was in there I came across a black "bottle" with what looks to be a 1/2 inch hose going in the top and one out the bottom (in front of the steering stem)..............What is this and can I just eliminate it??...................I am always playing around with my atv(s) trying to know more , all the while boosting up the bike! I've been looking for a guide of sorts but no luck so far. I plan on snorking (when I find out how) and doing the stock exhaust mod but I really don't wanna buy a pcv or another controller but I do want to let her breath better any suggestions??? If not I guess pcv here I come!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think that bottle is the "burp bottle" for the crankcase breather, it helps keep the oil from getting sucked into the intake, pretty sure you should to keep it.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I think that bottle is the "burp bottle" for the crankcase breather, it helps keep the oil from getting sucked into the intake, pretty sure you should to keep it.
X2, that's your burp bottle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts