Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought this sled late last year. When going up a hill i can't keep the ski's on the ground. I have to let off and get back on it. If you are on flat ground the ski's come up when you nail it. If you are turning left with an incline it wants to lay over. It also wants to wander around the trail. This is with two people. With one it's not as bad. Could it be in the limiter strap adjuster. Do they adjust weight from the front to the rear and not put enough on the ski's. The wife is not REAL happy after yesterday. spank:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i believe i do. If that is the leaf spring block under it. That block is up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this reply comes a long time after the initial question, but I do know that sometime around 03 or 04 , the Panteras came with coupler blocks in the rear suspension. One of the benefits of this treatment was keeping the skis on the ground under power. The other benefit is a smoother rear suspension over large bumps. Does yours have this feature? If not, I believe there is a kit available to retrofit earlier models with the touring susp. Call your dealer, they will be able to help.

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Yes the limiter straps will help if they are not adjusted correctly. If the nut is not adjusted at least half way up the threads this - may- happen. Try tightening the nuts up which will limit the rise or lift the front of the suspension lifts.

Also see if the front shock on the skid is showing around 4-5 threads. More threads showing under the nut will put more spring pressure on the rear and tend to lift the skies. Most are fine around this setting. On my 2000 pantera I flipped the overload springs off and set the single spring adjuster on each side to the first or second position. You'll just have to try it and see. I'm sure all this will help unless you may have something broken underneath, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found that the adjuster on the shock in the middle underneath was backed all the way down. Maybe this was causing the problem. All the wieght transfering to the back. I will check the other suggestions out soon. soon. Waiting on snow to try it now. It's never to late to answer a question. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts