Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I stop water from getting into the air box on my H1. Seems like even if I splash water up above the bumpers it makes its way to the air box and into the carb. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
snorkel it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I kinda had the same problem. I was going through water in 4wd, front wheels spinning water. Started to go through in 2wd and haven't had problem since! Worked for me!

·
Registered
434 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sportsman650 @ Apr 3 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How can I stop water from getting into the air box on my H1. Seems like even if I splash water up above the bumpers it makes its way to the air box and into the carb. Any suggestions would be great.[/b]

If you dont want to snorkel it what about getting some thin hobby grade lexan and making a splash shield for the airbox. you could mount it with double sides tape on the airbox that could be pulled off if it ever needed to be removed.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Stop hitting the water fast, this forces it up and into airbox. Enter slow and you can go thru water up to the fender edge with no problem. If you like to hit it fast then snorkel it before you do some damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts