Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I pulled a bonehead move which caused me to roll my F7 on its side. Needless to say my hood got cracked. What are some of your suggestions to fix it?? Right now I'm thinking just epoxy the hell our of it. Unless anyone out there can come up with another way to do it, I'll use the epoxy idea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Epoxy will work to fill in missing pieces, i would fiberglass the bach side of the hood to keep the epoxy in place. Be sure to get the right kind of fiberglass and make sure that you take sand paper to the back side so it has something to stick to when bonding.

Scottie Rass

·
Registered
242 Posts
I drilled a hole at the end of the crack to stop it from spreading, and used 2 part epoxy from Home Depot, LOCTITE quick set EPOXY in a push tube, from the paint department.

I also used fiberglass mesh netting(not fibers) and pushed the netting into the epoxy.

I worked out fine, over 2000 miles on that cracked hood, and it never broke, or cracked again.

The fiberglass didn't stick to plastic like the epoxy did, so I used the epoxy instead.

·
Registered
636 Posts
hehe me too on saturday. probably did the exact same thing as you. Stabbed the brake half way through a turn on ice cause another sled was coming the other way. Less than 100 miles on the xfire. sucks. I plan on taking a dremmel to cut a v-groove on the back side to give the epoxy more to grab. I'll hot glue some tongue depressers to the outside to hold it steady while i'm epoxying it. Bought some 2 part epoxy at napa but i've seen people talking about a 3M TPO specific bumper epoxy but i can't find it local and want it done. I'll put a fiberglass mat into the epoxy then goops some more on to it. The insulation pad will cover it all and should be too noticable. They also say use some primer which is supposed to soften up the hood for better adhesion. I let it go that way for the rest of the winter then I will likely dremmel out the outside and bondo, base, clear it this summer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
[attachment=61626:pICT0033b.jpg]Yep I have a lil repairing to do too. We rode Corona Pass and got a lil carried away.
[attachment=61627:pICT0035b.jpg] Bumper kit and and I'll be back in action. Good luck with your repairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts