Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have a 97 zrt 600 and I just put an 03 zr 900 skid in. It went in fine, but I am having on heck of a time trying to get the short ends of the springs onto the triangle adjusters. I read about cutting the tops of the spring hold downs so I am thinking of doing it. My thought is if i can get the short arm on then I can pry the long arms on easier. I don't have any special arctic cat tools, so I am looking for help.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
First remove the lower spring holders and then put the short end of the spring on the triangle adjuster. Put the spring holder on the long end of the spring and then you should be able to get the spring pushed into place and fasten the holder to the rail.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I recently replace my rear springs on my EXT, which is very similar to your ZRT. I replaced them with the skid in the sled it made it easier for me to push up on the long end. I had it set up on a track stand. I put the tail or short end of the spring on the adj block, put the spring slide on the spring, the spacer and bolt in the right spot. Just pushed it up, located the hole pushed the bolt thru, attatched the nut,done. I also read that you can cut a notch into the top of the spring slide. you attatch the slide, tighten it. Then just push up on spring put it over the slide and downward pressure will hold it in, probably easier. I looked at it this way, if it were a better way of doing it would have been made that way. Just take your time, its really not very difficult. I thought removing the idler wheels without the right tools was a bigger pain in butt. once they're out of the way its a 20 minute job.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Place short end in spring adjuster, then i use a pry bar to help get the lower spring into postion and slide bolt through. I found this to be alot easier when doing it by yourself. Make sure your adjuster is in the lowest setting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts