Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new pipe today for my sled. it is supposed to the same pipe that is on it now. i got it installed and now it wont run right. i got to thinking that maybee i have an efi model. i'm not sure how to tell the difference. i am going to call the pipe company tomorrow to see if the pipe is the right one. but i would like to know hor to tell if my sled is an efi model or not.

·
Registered
145 Posts
does it have a choke lever anywhere under the handle bars. should be labeled choke on the left side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have a choke lever. but on each carb i have a wire with a conector on them. they are not pluged in though. so thats whats confusing me. i found my problem though. brand new plugs were junk. after trying everthing under the sun, i threw an old set off the shelf in and she ran like a champ.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
An EFI model would have Fuel injectors instead of carbs. Since you have Carbs it's not an EFI. The wires I suspect are the sensors for the throttle safety switch (TSS) designed to kill the engine to prevent the sled from taking off without you if the carb gets frozen. Yours sound like they are bypassed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts