Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

HELP WITH EFI!

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  edsled 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, recently purchased a 1998 powder special 600 efi and it is giving me hard time to start. If its above 0 it will start 1-4 pulls but today it was -25 and took a good 15-20 pulls to start. This is not normal for a EFI right? The previous owner said the stator was changed and has 0 miles on it.

Please Help....Thanks

#4 ·
Have you ridden it at all? Obviously make sure the coolant temp sensor is actually plugged in and making good contact, I had one delivered from the dealer with the temp sensor not connected properly. Also check the air temp sensor and make sure the throttle position sensor is plugged in.

#8 ·
you can test the coolant temp sensor first before just replacing it, its cheaper that way. Also check your fuel pump connections just incase, what i did once was jump the fuel pump wires(at the bottom of the handlebar assembly,on top of the tank) to a 12v source like a batt charger, there red/black with a white connector. Listen for the fuel pump running, if all sounds well try to start it then. Maybe ur regulator is pooched too, could be lots of things, YAY for EFI.

#9 ·
I know I am good when I trun my key with the efi! you here it loading the gas! it makes a sound! you also need a good Bat!without that batt it wont run
so make sure you are hereing the pumping sound then she should fire and I am told Mine will also whine like shes got a turbo! It is just the EFI!

#10 ·
#11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rad8165 @ Jan 12 2007, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know I am good when I trun my key with the efi! you here it loading the gas! it makes a sound! you also need a good Bat!without that batt it wont run
so make sure you are hereing the pumping sound then she should fire and I am told Mine will also whine like shes got a turbo! It is just the EFI![/b]
Batteryless EFI if i believe, so he dosnt have a battery. First pull should prime the pump, second pull should start it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.