Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted on HSC, but figured hey, this is ActicChat, gotta be some good info here :) . I'm looking at purchasing a 2001 snopro440, low milage, never raced. I really have no clue on the AC sleds so I'm looking for some help. I did a lot of searching (HSC, here, google in general, etc) and found a lot of info on trail converting 2003+ 440's, but not so much on the older ones. Were the older sleds easier to convert, or is there a lot to do? This would be mostly a ditchbanging sled with some trails thrown in. No lake riding. This would be a secondary sled for me (have another trail sled).

- did the 2001's need to run highoctane/race gas?
- what was the stock gas tank capacity (5gallons?), and can you swap in a bigger one, or is the only one availble the aluminum one that I've read about?
- what do I need to grab (from what sled) for oil injection?
- anything I should be aware of to check on the 01's?

Again, I couldn't find answers in the search that were specific to the 2001...all I found was for newer 440's. Actually, does someone have the specs for a 01 snopro, or can point me in the right direction?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
189 Posts
All of the 01's that I have seen have a 10 gal. or so tank. They did run on race gas but I run mine with the timing at -2 on 92 octane and have on problems trail riding it. Chech the bulk head for cracks by the upper a arm mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts