Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a used 400 off a guy at what I think is a great price. Says he got it from a lady in trade and really didn’t need it. So the problem is that it won’t turn over. It has good compression. Battery seems shot so I’ll replace that. Other than that the bike is very well taken care of. Good oil. Good gas. So I’ve been reading these forums and post and I’m suspecting the flywheel magnets. I did pull the main fuse and it was a 15 ( pretty sure the manual said it was supposed to be 50 I may be wrong) and it was broken so I replaced it. But before I get there I really want to know what I’m the work these two wires go to and why they’re capped off? Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks guys and I’m glad to be a new member on here. You guys post have helped out a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I agree with mike. I know quite a bit changed in 04 from my 03 but that sure looks like the winch solenoid.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
X3.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Still chasing the no spark issue. To be honest it’s my first atv. I’m mechanically inclined but have never worked in an atv before. Just my f350 lol. Just by reason of deduction I’m going step by step and seeing what’s what. Last case I’ll send it to a shop but want to try what I can first. I do suspect it will be the flywheel from what I’ve read.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Open the flywheel side case and if the magnets are exposed it hasn’t been done yet. The new flywheel has a cover on the magnets. I took mine to a shop to remove the flywheel before I had the flywheel puller. Or you could get one pretty inexpensive online.
Be sure to share pictures of what you find in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts