Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have left my 2005 400 4X4 AC Auto sitting for 3-4 months as I have been covered up and it had been real cold. Anyhow I went to crank it and the battery is near dead. I charged it for a lil while and when I try to crank it the starter just buzzes!! I can crank it by pull-start fine.

I figured it might not be charged all the way so I pull-started it and let it run for 2-5min. I turned her off and then tried to start with the green button, same buzzer. HELP!!!! What can it be??? Fixes???

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
is the atv unfroze now? starter could have a bit of moisture in it causing it not to work. check your cells in your batt to make sure that they are up to the full mark, if down a bit top off with distilled water and re-trickle charge it, then check for correct voltage +/-12.8volts when fully charged.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
If the volt level is fine, I would have it load tested. I would also wait to see what the voltage reads after 15-20 minutes off the charger.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it's 99% likely to be the battery?? Cool. That is easier for me to change than a starter... :) I am gonna ride a bit today and will try to crank it by the push button after I ride. "IF" the battery is good a few hours of riding should charge it correct???

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It should charge after a few hours of riding, but make sure you aren't riding at night or using your lights as that'll decrease the charging rate quite a bit. After you stop riding, let the quad sit for 15-20 minutes and then try it. Some batteries will hold a charge for a little bit, but die shortly after.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If the battery seems ok give the starter a little tap while trying to turn it over. Maybe the brushes are jammed up a bit and you need to free them up in the holders.

WC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts