Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can someone who's snorkeled a 2005 650 v2 help me with this mod,I took the bike apart and it looks like the hose from the airbox are 2 inch and the intake from the clutch is the same. So what parts are 1.5 inch, all i can see is the two intakes above the carbs that are in the airbox that are 1.5 inch.All the hoses that leave the airbox are 2 inch. I going to clutch, snorkel and jet my bike.

Thanks. Doug

·
Registered
47 Posts
i shot you a pm doug

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
[attachment=68534:05650.JPG]

Part #15 is what reduces the air flow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
do you have pics of your snorkle setup RobCat?? are yours hidden?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I don't have any pics, I've been meaning to take some. My snorkels come out the plastic covering the radiator cover

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Apr 9 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Part #15 is what reduces the air flow[/b]

Rob, sorry to disagree, but it's part #13 that reduces the carb intake to 1.5". There is a slight indentation in the hose to get around the top of the frame, at least that is the way they are set up on the 06's.

Doug, if you are willing to spend some hours searching there are plenty of pictures and descriptions about snorking V2's. Mine are in there as well. I stayed with a 1.5" carb inlet so I wouldn't have to rejet and 2" for the belt exhaust and inlets. I brought mine out a bit different than most.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rugby3 @ Apr 9 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Apr 9 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Part #15 is what reduces the air flow[/b]

Rob, sorry to disagree, but it's part #13 that reduces the carb intake to 1.5". There is a slight indentation in the hose to get around the top of the frame, at least that is the way they are set up on the 06's.

Doug, if you are willing to spend some hours searching there are plenty of pictures and descriptions about snorking V2's. Mine are in there as well. I stayed with a 1.5" carb inlet so I wouldn't have to rejet and 2" for the belt exhaust and inlets. I brought mine out a bit different than most.
[/b][/quote]

You are right I thought the 05's were different

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to do this now just got to decide if i use dial-a-jet or replace the jets. Do i keep the snorkel hidden in the pod or put them through the plastic and have 3 inch snorkel riser Hmmmmmm don't no.Maybe have to do ROCK PAPER SCISSORS on this one.

THANKS ALL.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I kept mine hidden, I didnt want pipes sticking through my front rack, and also, when I had my 03 400 the intake snorkle was approx the same height as my new setup and I never sucked in water. I am still fiddling with my jetting (was given the wrong style of jets) so I will be back on it this weekend. Runs good with a reducer in it for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking to putting the hidden snorkel in are there any problems with the heat of the motor doing it this way.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Never heard of anything, I was also curious about the heat issue, also steam coming off the engine. I guess time will tell, and it is easy enough to change if it becomes an issue.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jetboy44 @ Apr 14 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm thinking to putting the hidden snorkel in are there any problems with the heat of the motor doing it this way.[/b]
Thats why I went with the snorkels through the plastic

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Apr 14 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jetboy44 @ Apr 14 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking to putting the hidden snorkel in are there any problems with the heat of the motor doing it this way.[/b]
Thats why I went with the snorkels through the plastic
[/b][/quote]

I completely agree here, even now with the belt exhaust run to the outside through a different snork, this area gets incredibly hot. Even in cooler weather. After having done the "stealth snorks" I say do your best to get your carb intake on the outside. I really like Sanny's new "lowrider" design that follows the contours of the front rack. I do think you will be better served with your intake getting "non-heated" air.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cityhunter @ Jun 27 2007, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
when snorkeling do i need to Rejet ???[/b]
Only if you use a 2" pipe. Now you can use 2" and put a reducer in it at any point or you can use 1.5". I went with the 1.5" myself and have never had any issues. I went with 2" for my belt intake and exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts