Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have an 02 800 Carb and an 02 600 efi. I want quick sleds with hole shot and mid-range pull.

Currently, my 600 has a D & D clutch kit but it is 4 years old (3000 miles)and I am sure tired.

Currently, my 800 has a custom set-up that i bought it with, but I upgraded to a 9 tower primary clutch.

Here is my situation...
I had the 600 first and was happy with the peppiness of the D&D clutch kit. But, I was hungry for more pull and bought the 800 to be my sled while keeping the 6 for my wife and brother.

I was just up riding with both racin a crossfire 700. I am not happy that my 800 only gets a half length on my 6 until 60 and then starts to pull away. (maybe my 6 is that good... but I want my 8 to be better) Not to mention, the crossfire kicked both are butts until it topped out and we started gaining on it.

So.... what do I do... I want my 800 to be the quickest thing on snow to 80 with an amazing pull in the mid-range and the 600 to continue to be no slouch either with quick to 70.

Thanks in advance. Oh... and I am at stock gearing.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
id start by droping a tooth on the top gear on both sleds

the 800 should be 39 24 gearing id go 39 23 or 40 23
the 600 is 41 22 id go 41 21 u can reuse your stock 72p chains too
im not a clutch guru but i always drop a tooth on all my sleds it relly wakes them up down lo

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Years back I did try gearing my 600 up one tooth because I thought I was overpowering my traction and it would help me hook up. I ended up being slower and went back to stock.

Will the gear change affect the clutching? Any advice on that?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i dont think that droping 1 tooth will affect clutching. my zr 600 cc i did grass drags and i ran a 41 18 gear with stock clutching it over powerd the clutches and by the time they got there stuff together the race was over. but that 600 pulled like no other for 300 feet. but no i droped 1 tooth on both my 02 600s and i dont think it adversly affected the stock clutching

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was looking into a clutch suggestion from "stronger800" on the hardcoresledder forum and the cat dealer told me that there was not a 73g weight for my 800 clutch. I do not have the set-screw style and that was the only one he could get.

What do guys use to get the 73g weight to match the orange/white primary that he suggested?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also need help on a setup. I have a 2011 crossfire 800 ho lmt. I am heading to 6-9000 feet elevation. It was sugested that I change my Helix to 36 degrees and switch to 63 gram weights. Can anybody confirm this for me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts