Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride today and all was well until i opened the sled up to full throttle and the sled died. And would not restart for a hour or so than pulled the plugs cleaned them and sprayed some carb clean on plugs and the sled started and idled and ran fine. Until I opened it up again and sled died right away. When I pull the plugs they look completely dry so I dont know if it is a fuel issue or what. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check fuel pressure and look at the top of the pistons. I'm not 100% sure but I think that sled has a fuel filter rather than smart valves. If you have pressure it may be a flow problem. If the pistons look clean and dry after it had quit I would be getting to the bottom of it before there are more problems. Hope this helps. Don't want to see anyone with a melt down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
04 ZR900 start and quit, start and quit etc etc

Check fuel pressure and look at the top of the pistons. I'm not 100% sure but I think that sled has a fuel filter rather than smart valves. If you have pressure it may be a flow problem. If the pistons look clean and dry after it had quit I would be getting to the bottom of it before there are more problems. Hope this helps. Don't want to see anyone with a melt down.
Hello, I was riding up in Vilas Cty WI last weekend, and I had a TSS problem, but dealt with it for a couple days, until my sled died on the trail, with no spark. Tried moving throttle in all positions, still no spark. Took it home, and repalced TSS, know it starts and dies just as quick. I unplugged all heaters, key switch, hood harness....and still the same thing. And if I am pulling the rope for more than a minute, it quits starting all together. Ohmed the coil and it is perfect. Any ideas? Thank You

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Might take a look at the Throttle Positioning Sensor.
It is down on the fuel rail.
It may be doing it's job because the cable is out of adjustment.
Been there, Done that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts