Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im leaving out of town to where this sled is loacted and im deciding if i want to pick it up.. i want a m whatever.. but 141 length.

This sled is a 05 m7 completly stock.
2086 miles.
153 track
Efi
looks mint. no body scratches nothing..

For 7000 cnd.. or thats what hes asking

(5997.05)

thankyou online converters. : )

wondering if this will be to much sled for me.. im only 175 pounds.. but im considering the length. ive rode 151 and loved it cause it was a dream in pow.. no getting stuckk..and it would stand dead up on the drifts.
(just at our farm.. 150 arcers of 3 feet of snow..)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got this exact sled. I love it! The only thing I would change is the track. The A20 track is awesome in bottomless powder, but does not hook up on hard pack. I'm about 140 pounds with all my riding gear on and I wouldn't have anything shorter than the 153. I ride mostly in WY. Snowy Range and Northern Big Horns.

When I bought mine new I got it for just over $8000.00 US (including tax). I'm not sure what the going price is for them right now. But with the melting problems the M8 has been having it may be keeping the prices of used M7's higher.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your post.
your words have indeed helped me out.

but did you switch out the attack 20? or just switch it to hillcimb. thats what some poeple have been doing and they said it was a rocket ship on hardpack.

i think this is what im going to go for as i was comfortable on a 151. and that sled was set up so nice.. its jsut i couldnt stand on it cause the bars were so low. hahaha

me being 6'3 would i have to add a riser?

or would stock bars be ok?

maybe i can get the dealer to throw in a riser :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I still have the A20 in the Powder position. I just know what type of hard packed hills i need to stay off of. And I really didn't want to lose the breaking effects of it in this possition. Before next season I will most likely change my track out to a Camopast.

You will definitely need a riser. I'm 5'-9" and I could use about a 1" to 2" riser. I have not installed one yet but will.

One upgrade to the rear suspension that is highly recomended is the Holz Relocation Brackets. They greatly improve the ride quality and they are pretty reasonably priced. About $65.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ride a o5 kingcat 162.got rid of the a20 and put on a 162/2.5/16 does it ever make a differance.just got back from valmount 2 fet of powder on a way to deep base This track takes good power to turn the extra width and height but i found the 900 is up to the task.This track makes side hilling a lot easer.you dont lose the rear end down hill like the a20. Dont worry about the extra lenght. after a few rides you will want the 162.if you want a new track get it from tracks canada out of calgary. He has great prices and when i ordered mine it took 1day buy bus and i live in redwater north east of edmonton.The a20 can get real scarry on hard pack and if you flipthe track you come down the hills real fast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow.. never thought id need such a riser.

i thought the attack 20 was a good track too haha

shows how much you guys atucally helped me.

: )

ive heard great things about the m. what do these suspension parts do exactly?

and the attack 20 in hillclimb hooks up better but coming down a hill it will just slide?

thnaks for your replys.

all help is muich appreciated :beer_cheers:

O and my dealer said the resale on this is 7200 and the trade in is 5400.. so this guy is in the ballgame?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seams like big difference between trade and resale values. See if you can find out who owned the sled before you. Maybe you can find out what he was given for trade in and what he traded it in on. That'll give you an idea of what the dealer actually has into the sled.

If you put the A20 in Hill climb it will bite quite well. It will also trench real fast in deep powder. In the HC position you will have little to no braking action going down hill. If you keep the track, you may want to look into installing the screw-in type studs into the towers that are on each paddle. I did this and it helps enough where I don't have a heart-attack going up hard-packed hills.

The susspension parts allow the rear skid to achive FULL travel. With out these, as the suspension compresses, the track gets tighter and only allows the skid to compress half way before it can't move any farther. I just put them in this season and WOW!

·
Registered
4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SnoCrazy250 @ Feb 28 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So im leaving out of town to where this sled is loacted and im deciding if i want to pick it up.. i want a m whatever.. but 141 length.

This sled is a 05 m7 completly stock.
2086 miles.
153 track
Efi
looks mint. no body scratches nothing..

For 7000 cnd.. or thats what hes asking

(5997.05)

thankyou online converters. : )

wondering if this will be to much sled for me.. im only 175 pounds.. but im considering the length. ive rode 151 and loved it cause it was a dream in pow.. no getting stuckk..and it would stand dead up on the drifts.
(just at our farm.. 150 arcers of 3 feet of snow..)[/b]
not to much sled, but im not big into riding the short buss. and the prise is good for you bad for me, i sold mine last fall for 5800 it had a 162 and in good condition with around 2000 miles

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
the thing is, it's not fall, it's spring. Prices are down right now, I've seen comparable sled in CO (and that may be the difference) go for 4500-4900 saw one with 1400 miles go for 5200 last week, 6k seems real high to me, but if there's not as much selection where you are, that may increase prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts