Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost: Don't hate me because I'm a Yamaha guy!

Well I convinced the girlfriend that she wanted a sled and a co-worker was moving and sold us her hubbie's 00 ZR 600 fuelly. We were out yesterday for the first time and I'm sure I could hear her screaming over the engine noise, she liked it that much!

Problem is that the rear suspension is beyond soft and will actually sit half compressed at rest (or damn near fully compressed if you just get off it). Now I'll be the first to admit that while I've ridden a fair amount, I'm a noob when it comes to fiddling around in the tunnel. I want to stiffen up the rear suspension at least so when I sit my 250+ lb backside on it I don't have flashbacks to my old Enticer riding days as a kid!

Can anyone give me an idea of how to adjust the rear suspension? Even better, can you show me a few pics of inside your tunnel so I can see what you're talking about when you say grab this, twist that. Plus then I can see if someone "liberated" any parts in the name of improved something-or-other.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
550 Posts
do a search here for springs. Alot of people use Fatboy springs here and they're supposed to really stiffen the suspension up

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Replace the torsion springs, and rebuild all the shocks. The torsion springs are the outer springs on the rear skid #9 in the attached dwg. If the sled has a lot of miles new coils springs on the ski's and the one one the front of the rear skid should be replaced. My wife has the same sled except it's carbed. It's got a Black Magic clutch kit in it and my wife loves it.

[attachment=59199:0734_972_s.gif]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,469 Posts
it probbly needs the shocks rebuilt.. that is what my 00 zr will do when they wear out.. And the way that skid is designed, if the sled is parked on an incline or a little bit of bump it will sink right down like something is wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts