Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
If the valv. is not opening can you pop the cover off the servo and see if that is cycling, do you have power to the servo. as for spray if you don't have cab cleaner I have used brake cleaner but very small amounts i have also used wd-40 some thing that will burn off that you can tell if its sucking air just watch your amounts so you don't pop a cycl. But I'm still leaning toward a clutch issue somewhere. Did you by chance replace the bearing behind the speedo I had a friend replace his one time and the flanges was seated right and put a bind on everything soon as we straighten that out it was fine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If the valv. is not opening can you pop the cover off the servo and see if that is cycling, do you have power to the servo. as for spray if you don't have cab cleaner I have used brake cleaner but very small amounts i have also used wd-40 some thing that will burn off that you can tell if its sucking air just watch your amounts so you don't pop a cycl. But I'm still leaning toward a clutch issue somewhere. Did you by chance replace the bearing behind the speedo I had a friend replace his one time and the flanges was seated right and put a bind on everything soon as we straighten that out it was fine.[/b]
I have the cover off. How do I know if I have power to the servo and no I didn't replace that bearing

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brandonorban @ Dec 26 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the valv. is not opening can you pop the cover off the servo and see if that is cycling, do you have power to the servo. as for spray if you don't have cab cleaner I have used brake cleaner but very small amounts i have also used wd-40 some thing that will burn off that you can tell if its sucking air just watch your amounts so you don't pop a cycl. But I'm still leaning toward a clutch issue somewhere. Did you by chance replace the bearing behind the speedo I had a friend replace his one time and the flanges was seated right and put a bind on everything soon as we straighten that out it was fine.[/b]
I have the cover off. How do I know if I have power to the servo and no I didn't replace that bearing
[/b][/quote]

Use a ohlms meter to get a reading what power is there, if you don't have one of them, a test light will tell you that there's power there just won't tell you how much.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Received a picture from this young lad and said that I would post it for him to get everyone's opinion and hopefully help him get his sled running properly. Thanks Don

[attachment=142878:boot.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brandonorban @ Dec 26 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Use a ohlms meter to get a reading what power is there, if you don't have one of them, a test light will tell you that there's power there just won't tell you how much.
[/b][/quote]

I've got both. It would be in dc right. Which wires would it be there are 4 I can't remember but if there's a red and black it would probably be them right

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dump some shoe goo on that crack to get you through the season. Now your valves won't cycle on the stand because your only reving to 6500. I think your primary clutch spring is broke or not in the hole if you have varrying engagement, Also when you ajust the cables, You held them near the servo right?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
U<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rx1jim @ Dec 26 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dump some shoe goo on that crack to get you through the season. Now your valves won't cycle on the stand because your only reving to 6500. I think your primary clutch spring is broke or not in the hole if you have varrying engagement, Also when you ajust the cables, You held them near the servo right?[/b]
I'm thinking that it getting getting up there in rams on the stand just very sluggishly and bot when its in the snow. And art they supposed to cycle 3 times on startup.
Could the primary problems be caused by no graphite on the primary internals?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like a clutch problrem to me -- the power vales being stuck -- didny help any. I got that same sled and its a ROCK STAR ...... check your clutches over good and make sure u-r power valves are cycleing as they should.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Received a picture from this young lad and said that I would post it for him to get everyone's opinion and hopefully help him get his sled running properly. Thanks Don

[attachment=142878:boot.jpg][/b]
It's cracked... And leaking. Needs to be replaced. No choice about it.

:chug:

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
The APV's on this model dont cycle at start up.
The open around 6800 rpms.
It's very important to clean in between the 2 piece valves, use a single edge razor tool (used for removing paint off a window) and scrap until there is zero carbon. Exhaust carbon in between these 2 pieces expands the diameter of the valve and it sticks. You may need a bronze brush (tooth brush size) and run it up and down the 4 bores with a little brake clean or similiar. Not too much, because it will drain on top of your pistons.
Dont put these valves back together backwards, piston interference and ouch!
New boots for sure, hopefully your not "too late" and you already have piston damage I dunno
Compression check for sure.
We love our 02

[attachment=142909:DSC00634.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Dec 27 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Dec 26 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[attachment=142878:boot.jpg][/b]
It's cracked... And leaking. Needs to be replaced. No choice about it.

:chug:
[/b][/quote]

x2 I wouldn't risk my motor with that on it.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Any kind of update

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Okay I took the belt off and ran the engine and I'm happy to say the valves are working
I cleaned the secondary and lubed both clutches up goog abd hard with graphite
As for the boots I'm on my third coat of rubber cement which should seal them up good
I took the valves out to take a look at the cylinders wash and I'm pretty sure they look gOod (dadszr some pick might be coming your way)
Now all I have to do is wait for the silicone to dry an ill take it for a run.

Pics. of his cyl.

[attachment=142963:IMG00050...227_1543.jpg][attachment=142964:IMG00052...227_154
3.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
pics. added

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Okay it engages at around 4200 consistently now and my sealing job didn't really work for the one side ad there is some gas coming out of the crack
It still is very sluggish and doesn't rip like it used to so were putting new plugs in and doing a compression test.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Compression is about 115 on each side that's not to bad right? And changing the spark plugs didn't do anything. It is running on both cylinders

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ttt so no one has any idea now. Ill be looking for new boots. What should th compression be at I don't think that's to low

21 - 39 of 39 Posts