Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2000 zr 600 efi sled that burned down. Will a 1998 ZR 600 Carb model top end fit the 2000 600??

I found the top end on ebay and it comes with pistons, cylinders, and head. I did some part number matching and the cylinders are the same. The pistons are different however. The heads are different but the original head was not damaged.

Can someone help me out and tell me what will work and what will not work???

Will

·
Registered
10 Posts
98 will not work unless also efi, not sure why, the part #s on a 98 efi are the same as 2000, yet carbed are not, I wouldnt chance it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i found this out just didnt know if the part numbers being different on the efi and carb models was a big deal or not. I will probly just get the stuff off ebay and new pistons and then re sell what ever is left over. New jugs are 340 a piece so its still a deal.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Have you considered re nic'd cyls?
Many folks claim that Wiseco pistons stand up better than OEM in the smaller AC engines...........kits are priced right + include gaskets n seals required to install.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willcastner @ Feb 16 2007, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes i found this out just didnt know if the part numbers being different on the efi and carb models was a big deal or not. I will probly just get the stuff off ebay and new pistons and then re sell what ever is left over. New jugs are 340 a piece so its still a deal.[/b]
If you exchange your cylinders with a replater, like Millenium Technologies, you'll have brand new cylinders for ~$200 US each. Did oyu wreck both cylinders when the engine went down? Usually it is only one side that fails on a lean burn down, but an over heat, or lubrication failure can ruin both sides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all for a friend. So originally he said he burned two cylinders but the it switched to one. I will look into swaping the jugs. Thanks guys

Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts