Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 zr800 CCE with 5500 miles on it. I bought the sled in demember and have ridin it about 100 miles and gas constantly leaks from the gas cap. I am not sure if it is the gas cap it slef or if the neck is cracked. I took a zip lock bag and placed it on the neck and then tightened the cap over it and this did not work, still leaked just as bad as before. Has anyone else had this problem? Has there been any recalls on the tank or caps on this year of sled?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
wagz

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Most likely a crack where the neck meets the tank.............some have had em plastic welded / also know of some where they carefully ground a V in the crack then filled it with JB Weld.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Take a look under the cap. There is a rubber gasket in there. Make sure it's properly seated in the groove. I've seen a few that aren't and leak. They can also make it tough to get the cap off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
welcome to the club. got mine plastic welded a few days ago. will test it this weekend

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, it is cracked on the neck. I found a tank for $50 near by. But untill i get time to pick it up, ill try jb welding it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts