Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridin the first time this year in tug hill platue my 99 zl efi was doing great on a grommed trail at about 50 mph it just shut down no warning just done not even a sputter........ What are some of my options coil stator or some kinda sensor....... It made no noise when it shut down and has no spark now..... hopefully it is something i can get a ride to get part and replace rather then towing the 50 or so miles back to trailer ...........ANy help soon would be apprieciated

THANKS

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
If you unplugged the 4 prong connector containing the 2 yellow wires and you still have no spark, double check all connections from the stator, that your ground is tight and clean, no broken wires, make sure wires form the CDI to the coils are tight...if all that looks ok....sounds like stator, coils, trigger coil or CDI box...in that order. If you have a set of good coils to try..slap them on it for a second, pull the plugs and see if you get spark. If you have a mutimeter, click on the videos in my signature and it will show you how to test the stator and the trigger coil. Very easy and fast to do.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My zl600 did the exact same thing....Just died until it cooled off then started again. Until the stator just burned up. I could smell it near the recoil... Cat happy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got her home and in the garage thanks too ski-doo power took the zrt out to try to finish the weekend but that runs like ass too after one or two trips rippin down the field it just bogs and dies i can pull her again and get it to fire play with choke and throttle for awhile and she will hit on all 3 again run like a brand new sled for one or two more passes then same thing ........ pullin carbs flushing tank and rebuilding fuel pump in the am guess the first ride of the season is a bust.........................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts