Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what it says. I got all done hooking everything up, turned it over, and a gurgling sound came, and the gas came running out the bottom!! Any suggestions??

Update: Its coming from the overflow tube by the belt housing. Any reasons why???

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Double check your installation. Sounds like you have a problem with the float circuit or the chokes. Most likely the floats. Don't worry it will all work out, I've been through it and I freak out every time and then find it usually something minor.

WC

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Catterman hinted to me about the drain screws being in all the way. He was right!! No leaks! Thanks for the help. Now i have to charge a dead battery to see how it works. How will i know its at the right setting?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping a dial-a-jet would prevent me from having to rejet the carb. Now someone told me i have to rejet the carb also to make it lean?? Can i just adjust the fuel/air screw to lean it out a little? I really dont want to rejet, as ive never torn a carb apart EVER.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
No need to rejet man. If you increase the airbox snorkel from the stock 1.5" to 2", you'll automatically put it in a slightly lean condition as you are now introducing/allowing more air. Trust me bud, you're in good shape. You won't need to rejet. I live an hour from you, had a V2 with 2" snorks and a DAJ. You'll be just fine with no rejetting.

If you add other mods (exhaust mod or aftermarket exhaust, K+N, etc...) you MAY need to rejet, but that's not a major deal. Sounds harder than it is. The hardest part about it is getting to the darn things (literally). Once you have access to the carb bowls, it'll take you 5 minutes (literally). If you know how to work a screwdriver, you're good. :)

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (V2RIDER @ Jan 11 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was hoping a dial-a-jet would prevent me from having to rejet the carb. Now someone told me i have to rejet the carb also to make it lean?? Can i just adjust the fuel/air screw to lean it out a little? I really dont want to rejet, as ive never torn a carb apart EVER.[/b]
I think that is a common misconception about the DAJ. It is not a substitute for rejetting, just in itself. It was designed to add fuel so the rider can adjust it for different altitudes and temps, hence why you need to rejet leaner when you install it. While a good product (I've been thinking of getting one for my DVX) it is not a thing to cure all jetting. Like Sanny mentioned though if you open up the intake and add some more air then you may be alright but do remember that the DAJ can only do so much.
No worrys though, there is nothing scary in a carb and if you can turn a screwdriver you can rejet a carb. Take a look at the pinned topic here in the Perf/Tech forum about carb rejetting and there should even be a link in there for rejetting the V2.

Also ajusting the pilot screw (fuel/airscrew) wont compensate for the DAJ. The pilot screw can only adjust the mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle and the DAJ runs the main jet circuit.

·
Administrator
7,968 Posts
Re-jetting isnt a scary thing. I leave the carb in place, loosen the clamps and rotate the carb. Then remove the bowl and your half way there. There are pics of it on this site to show you the different jets inside. Pretty simple after you do your first one.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Here's an analogy for ya. The DAJ is much like the old school TV's where you had a turn dial for the channel, then a fine tuning knob for reception. Your main jetting is the main turn dial of the TV. The DAJ is the fine tuning knob. You have to be close (which opening up the air will still be close for ya), but if your way out of whack the DAJ won't make it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts