Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry_mad: does the primary clutch on a 95 zr700 have a bolt to hold it in ? i pulled the plug to pull the clutch when i looked in it looked like small strips of metal in the hole that the clutch puller is supposed to go in. never done this before please help. thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes there is suppose to be a bolt there. 1/2 in. twelve point socket should be the size. the strips of metal, i don't know. you might have a big problem. inspect the clutch closely and be sure that you can remove it with out damaging it. cutting the clutch off should be the last resort. good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately there's not a bolt it's starting to look like the guy i bought it from must have screwed something up thanks though

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The 700's are famous for breaking off clutch bolts, I would take it to the dealer and have him remove it, they have done it many times. you can reinstall it yourself and save few bucks. I would rebuild it once you have it off. They will drill it and use an easy out to get it out, unless you have the tools and know how,leave it to the dealer. Should be less than an hour of shop time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts