Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, ready to load my sled on trailer. New belt is squealing on primary, at idle. When I engage it it goes away. All I did was service D Drive. (removal) Had a D&D bearing put in the secondary to help my backshift. It goes against the spring and the plastic spacer it rides on. It has to be some kind of alignment problem. Never touch the motor mounts or nothing like that.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
do you have a clutch kit or shims ?? if so i think this will be your answer, last year a guy in are group had the same issue with shims and a clutch kit, I dunno which one. he took out a couple of shims and it was fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The squeal is probably just "perfect belt deflection". You said you put a new belt on, check your belt deflection; most people like 1/8" -- 3/16" of the belt above the secondary. When your belt wares some it should stop squealing. However, keep in mind this is just my theory; I'm not looking at it. Others will chime in I'm sure.

Also, something I always do before installing a new belt; did you wash your belt before you put it on? When you get the belt new from the dealer they have a "mold release" on them from manufacturing. Wash the belt in hot soapy water real good then let it dry. I scrub the belt with an abrasive pad. :chug:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not do nothing with the Pimary clutch. I'm thinking of taking one small shim out between secondary and Diamond Drive unit. No I just put it on, I did remeber reading something about that. Belt defliction is fine about 1/8 above secondary.

Here is another question? Is a 05 Firecat alignment tool the same one for Crossfire? THANKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts