Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Help!! Artic cat F7

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dieselmac99 
#1 ·
So recently I bought a 2003 f7 private sale. Worst mistake right there So I got my first snowfall and got excited and started doing laps around my door yard. Then my head lights went out. Didn’t think anything of it just kept riding. Then my check engine light came on so I shut it off right there. Let it cool down. Fired it up ran for about 20 seconds then wouldn’t take throttle and bogged down and died and that was it. First thing I did was check for compression. 120 in each cylinder. Not good but should still run. Then I check for spark. Has spark. Check for fuel. Crack the line off of the fuel rail and pulled it over and it’s getting fuel. And yes it is getting fuel past the injectors because the plugs are wet. I changed the plugs still nothing. I’ve had people tell me it’s not the voltage regulator because it should still run with it not having electric start. I thought it was the coil but it has spark. I need help man I got snow coming this coming week and I’ve been itching to ride! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
Did you lose any other lights and check to see if they are burnt out? If they burnt out it's a good chance your voltage regulator is toast. Download a service manual from countrycat.com and ohm out the stator to rule that out. There is also a few other electrical tests shown in manual you can do.

#13 ·
Pull the y pipe and post some pictures of pistons. One of the most important thing to do is let these sleds warm up before you take off. The coolant tubes along the running boards should be warm to the touch. This allows cylinders to warm up at the same pace as the pistons. Otherwise you cold seize it.

Reactions: 2003F7CAT
#16 ·
HAD the same thing on my sabre cat. it was the voltage regulator for the light problem, which also tells you the bearing is probably going bad too. you can also unplug your sensors and see if that starts it. don't run too long with them unplugged tho. post your problem correction when done. always nice to hear what the fix was.

#17 ·
Mine did this years ago. Do normal checks on the rings/pistons hard parts cooling sys etc. but mine actually puked both the regulator and dropped a magnet off the flywheel. Replaced all that and I was back in the white stuff in no time. Until I snapped the tunnel. Pays to have friends who are alum fabricators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.