Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out the stock skid bars on my Sabercat with full length carbides - what a handling difference! However, the steering is a bit twitchy. I wanted to take some pressure off the skis on my 2006 Sabercat. So I want to loosen the adjustable suspension spring/shock. I was able to loosen it some with channel lock pliers, but I can't turn it - the boogey wheels make it so there's very little room to work.

Is there a special tool or technique for adjusting this sucker? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are talking about the front shock in the rear skid, try raising the rear off the ground. Now you should be able to turn the spring to loosen the adjuster (it should turn when the spring is turned) Mine is just tight enough so that it doesn't rattle. BTW I run 8" duallies on my skis too. What a difference in handling.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cleve @ Mar 5 2007, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I swapped out the stock skid bars on my Sabercat with full length carbides - what a handling difference! However, the steering is a bit twitchy. I wanted to take some pressure off the skis on my 2006 Sabercat. So I want to loosen the adjustable suspension spring/shock. I was able to loosen it some with channel lock pliers, but I can't turn it - the boogey wheels make it so there's very little room to work.

Is there a special tool or technique for adjusting this sucker? Thanks in advance[/b]
Loosening the centre shock spring will add weight to the ski's, you need to either tighten the centre spring or soften the ski shock springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.